Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I think everyone here has had to replace a corona wire that was causing lines and then the replacement snapped because of a kink in the wire.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Interesting stories here but I have a double whammy. I took a showroom machine, broke a part. Once it was sold, went to the customer's office to fix that problem and wound up creating yet another problem.

When I was only a few months in the business I was learning all about the Copystar CS-1500. I would take some of the used showroom machines and remove some parts for training purposes. I took a used 1500 into the shop to remove the MP feed roller. For the Kyocera buffs you know you know you have to remove the feed clutch, toner sensor w/ spring and that white housing which holds the sensor, shaft and MP feed roller. While putting that piece back in I must have broken the MP paper detection actuator because it was just a nub. The machine still worked, but when you opened the MP tray in the front and put paper in there, it wouldn't detect it. A little while later my former dumbass boss was showing the machine to a customer and after he sold it he told me that the actuator must have been put in backwards and I need to replace it at the customer's office. I went to fix the problem and that small actuator is a bitch to get it. The old I just broke off. But anyway, when I put the white housing back in I forgot that the harnesss for the detection sensor is routed through an opening on the frame to keep it away from the MP feed clutch. I turned on the machine and GRIND!!! I routed the harness through the same hole where the shaft went and the MP feed clutch shredded the wire. Then I had to come back to replace that wire and everything was all fine. The funny thing is when I gave my boss the part number he said that the price was unavailable on kmaconnect because nobody has ever had to order that part before.