Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Has anyone ever done a call and made things worse than the original problem???

Life is like a garden. DIG IT!!!!!!!!!

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Oh hell yes! I can not think of one in particular right now, but no tech likes to hear "It did not do that before you got here".
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar
    Went out to do a simple call once about 70 miles away and dropped a screw behind the main board and shorted it out.

customer had gotten cassette 1 jammed in the machine TA 255 from not setting the paper correctly inside it all the way flush to the side....as I'm pulling and yanking....cassette pulls free and the front cover drops open as it pulls out...breaking the flimsy plastic hinge to the front cover door...I'm sitting here thinking I just broke this brand new machine....looked up the internal front cover the hinge is part of...6.50 bucks to replace....cheap parts for cheap flimsy copiers I guess lol
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I went on my first copier PM on a Toshiba (I had only been working on Ricoh's up to that point.) I vacuumed out the dev unit and shorted it. I was out there 3 hours trying to figure out what I did. Called my boss. He came out and chewed me out for not reading the manual before I did the PM. Showed me where it said "don't vacuum out the developer". Got the machine back together and the machine came up with an error, not in the book. I watched him take out his meter and do some measurements. Said some board in the back blew, but that it was not my fault because it had nothing to do with the dev unit. When we got back to the office, he told me if I ever blew a dev unit that way again it would be coming out of my check. Needless to say I was not wanting to do another PM in the immediate future. That was the worse thing I've ever done. Made me more careful in the future.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

If only I had a dollar....

EDIT: Scrap that, If only I had a euro...
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    Replaced a 110V Power Supply in a 220V machine (wrote the wrong partnumber) -> Fireworks!
    Last edited by Eric1968; 05-11-2011 at 08:06 PM.

was doing a clutch mod kit on a CLC-700 and pinched a wire causing all kinds of fun issues.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    Replaced a 110V Power Supply in a 220V machine (wrote the wrong partnumber) -> Fireworks!

I put a Ricoh 220 fuser in a 110 printer and had to figure out why it would not run more than a couple of pages without giving a code.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I put a Ricoh 220 fuser in a 110 printer and had to figure out why it would not run more than a couple of pages without giving a code.
    We had a tech put a 110V finishers on a 208V machine a while back. After about 5 hours of head scratching I noticed that it was the wrong finisher?!?!?!?! LOL
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.