Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Crappy machine

Hey jcirafic,
    The 9040 had liquid toner in the units and fuser oil in the fuser. When it mixed we had a blue mixture that leaked on the duplex. The 5030 and it's brothers was the first copier I ever worked on in my career.

Sharp SF-900. Was so bad, the company fired everyone associated with the project! The number of Tech Bulletins was the size of a small community phone book and it still couldn't be fixed to manufacturer standards.

Kinkypupper
    Has to be a toss up between Olivetti Copia ( those size relays were BAD) Or the Toshiba flat bed copier the model I do not remember that was a wet toner machine and dryer jams always caught the paper on fire..

Technician

Being a savin guy

Let me tell you some stories, the worst table top copiers were the Savin 840 and 7010. The 840 was a liquid table top, it made unGodly noises and leaked like a siv. The scanner clutch was always binding and driving the platen if not breaking the spring entirely. Heaven help the customer who thought they could pick it up and take it anywhere without draining it!! The 7010 just never worked right. System 600, system 850. Lest we forget the worst product ever concieved "The Landa Process".Talk about a goo maker. Nice to know they finally got it out of their heads that liquid toner would ever work. My head, I just remembered, the V-35 with color bank technology. What were they thinking???????

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Anything called a MOPIER
    HP makes a great printer but the Mopiers were a joke

Expecting a call. 100+ Posts Paper_Jam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdkoh View Post
    Let me tell you some stories, the worst table top copiers were the Savin 840 and 7010. The 840 was a liquid table top, it made unGodly noises and leaked like a siv. The scanner clutch was always binding and driving the platen if not breaking the spring entirely. Heaven help the customer who thought they could pick it up and take it anywhere without draining it!! The 7010 just never worked right. System 600, system 850. Lest we forget the worst product ever concieved "The Landa Process".Talk about a goo maker. Nice to know they finally got it out of their heads that liquid toner would ever work. My head, I just remembered, the V-35 with color bank technology. What were they thinking???????
    Another old dog like me. Well the Savin 840 was a POS but their scanners (moving platens) were driven by a chain which was slightly smaller than a bicycle chain. I had a call on one that comitted suicide, a woman re-arranged her office a bit and put it right next to a large file cabinet, when she hit print it shoved itself onto the floor.

I found the Minolta Ep30 to be poor, and good at melting things !
    The Minolta EP4210 was the biggest pile of junk that I had the misfortune to work on.
    The CF70 came close too.
    The CF1501 deserves a mention as well.

The EP850 has to win it with the 3part document feeder, always jamming
    R15,F15 etc etc

But Konica always made a crapier machine.

And then they merged

KONICA minolta

Any machine that wears the minolta logo but has a konica design to it is crap , DI 650 , 7210 , BIZHUB 420 , 500 ALL CRAP , sorry to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Any machine that wears the minolta logo but has a konica design to it is crap , DI 650 , 7210 , BIZHUB 420 , 500 ALL CRAP , sorry to say.
    I agree! They should have sacked all of the Konica guys in Japan when the merger happened! Maybe a buyback scheme like they had for some firearms in Australia - they give you $ for Konica (say, 7020, 7222, 7145 etc.) and crush machine on the spot.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    I agree! They should have sacked all of the Konica guys in Japan when the merger happened! Maybe a buyback scheme like they had for some firearms in Australia - they give you $ for Konica (say, 7020, 7222, 7145 etc.) and crush machine on the spot.
    I'll agree to that but instead of crushing the machines on the spot make it a sport event where all technicians who had to endure service calls get to pummel it to pieces.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.