Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
    Yes, I think technician induced damage is great, but what about some "Mythbusters style" explosions? All that dev and toner everywhere! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha (said with evil voice!).

Senior Tech 250+ Posts dogsbody's Avatar
    All those little minolta's we had rebadged as Konica like the 7115, hate them.
    1312 Konica (no idea who made that one).
    The winner for me though is the KyoceraMita C2630, big, slow, unstable image, drops toner, so much time wasted, worst i've worked on - and I started with Konica 9028's.
    The force will be with you always.

Service Manager 250+ Posts FRIDGEMAGNET's Avatar
    Ha!
    Any of you guys ever worked on a Minolta EP710?
    Hell has a special place for the design team of this pup. Hope they were put up against a wall and shot! How anything like this got on the market is incredible.

Sharp SF2020 is a big pile of crap.

AR507 is a medium pile of crap

AR168 is a small pile of crap

Technician

BEST WAS SHARP 8100= I sold this to a church (they made over a million copies on it)

In the late 70's The Sharp 726 and Royal RBC III had toasters for fuser units and could literaly burn a building down because the paper that jammed in the heater grid would occasionaly catch fire. In the 80's my vote goes to ANY Panajunk ... I mean Panasonic. in the 90's Canon had a stroke of genius adding a mountain of corona wires, that needed constant tweaking and adjusting. "No Sir, this isnt a suicide attempt.....I know it looks bad that its been 3 HOURS restringing this corona unit..But" And finally my choice of WORST: reliability wise, copy quality wise and consumer ripoff via brain washing (Govt cospiracy?) Xerox is BAR NONE consistently and shamelessly, pedaled the biggest piles of shit in the guise of a photocopier. (The company has Sharp make the little turds and then charge double the toner price because Xerox is on the label). They have tried monopolizing parts (Why? Its junk) in the past and lost a lawsuit when they fought it in court. If not for US Government contracts, Xerox would have been out of bussiness years ago. The Xerox engineers designing these piles of shit they call copiers, should be working at the car wash. Oh by the way, to keep us independents out, they can only be serviced with a laptop. Woop-De-Do! Like i give a shit!

copierman 250+ Posts
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Its got to be the 1224c, dev units always failing and all clutches tend to fail, i still pm loads of these machines and now require a transit van for all the parts they reqiure!

Technician

wow! i forgot about that model

Quote Originally Posted by ralphjh View Post
    this is an old machine but everyone i know who ever worked on one would say that the biggest piece of crap ever was a savin model 840, it was a small liquid copier that leaked, squeaked and streaked.
    That was a pile O' Shite, And Ironicaly, the (model prior) Savin 770/780 (also liquid) was the Champ of reliability/speed! (Of that short time period) I rebuilt/sold a mountain of the 770/780 units, and vividly remember the caked up toner tanks and clogged toner ventri's, resulting in lite copies.

Technician

LMFAO! One call I'll never forget

Quote Originally Posted by FLBP View Post
    What were people with a white carpet thinking?
    Long Ago, (1980-ish) I did a service call on a Savin 770 which was a 45cpm dispersant/toner liquid copier. I carefuly took out the tank (almost a gallon of liquid in this 4" x16" x 8" D.V. section) and placed it on a desk covered with newspaper. Within 30 seconds the secretarie's sugar fueled kid (Its called Ritalin and daycare Lady) managed to scare the sleeping company Cat, who started screeching while jumping over to and skidding on the news paper covered desk knocking over the FULL tank of Ink, and toner bombing/staining the tan/white Cat, the NEW beige carpeting, chair, desk, walls, and CEILING within a 10' radius. My company paid for the cleaning bill to avoid the threat of a lawsuit. I will NEVER forget that day.

lonls

An oldie but baddie from high volume hell...

The Xerox 9210 was the biggest POS that I ever worked on. It had all the unique quirks of a regular 9200 (adh from hell, troubleshooting logic circuits down to the component, 50 bin sorters with flakey solenoids, lots of toner everywhere ) combined with the then new xl10 imaging system (an electrical noise generator from hell) and Xerox's (then) new soft roll fusing system (before the bugs were worked out of it, you know... like typed letters actually sliding off of forms created on the copier).

I have such fond memories of working on these filthy pig machines that also had daily (so it seemed) strange electrical noise problems... Xerox must have sold them cheap because they always seemed to end up in print shops run by cranky "type A"s... That was a match truly made in heaven.

The xerox 4000 vintage 1976.