Page 12 of 92 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast
    Expert on The Obsolete 100+ Posts leroyal's Avatar
    ANY Dennison or Saxon Copier.

Nobody here is that old!
    Last edited by leroyal; 10-06-2007 at 11:27 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Thumbs up Worst ever

The HP multifuntional inkjet suck more than Hoover + Electrolux.

The old Royal Copia 1 and Xerox 660(late 60s) were good for marshmellow roasting when paper caught fire.

the old Apeco Superstat and Rollamatic machines (late 60s) were good when the developer(dispersant) hose got clogged and you tried to blow it out or syphon(good to the last drop)
    Frank/ActionPhotocopy

Expert on The Obsolete 100+ Posts leroyal's Avatar
    No list would be complete without the SCM 1205 and 152.

Dukem

Keep 'em comin'

How about the Sharp SF-810, 811 & 820? Or the unfamous Konica color 7?
    Sends shivers down my spine!!!

copygeek
    Beyond doubt it was the Ricoh 4065. The tech service bulletins book was thicker than the service and parts manuals combined.

mgarretson
    The Xerox 5318, 5322, 5328. If they weren't already bad enough, Xerox Re-released them in the retail stores. I don't remember the models but the code names were the Buffalo, and the Bison...LOL

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts TennWalker's Avatar
    I hated many of the Panasonic Genesis series machines. The upper fuser rollers would fail all the time due to poor fuser cleaning. Also, like others the Konica 1018 or 2020.

Thumbs up

I am gonna date myself again. The "little monster" the Royfax 1400was a "Royal Pain"..

The Apeco Systematic oldie but not goodie.

The Olivetti copia 1 or 2 I am not sure which the rollfed paper went up about 3 stories before it entered the reservoir og toner/dispersant.

All worth mentioning are the Saxon 10, Canon NP200, Canon NP50, AB Dick 900(made by Minolta?), 3M Thermals, Toshiba BD702, Olivetti Copia 1000(very unique cold pressure machine---a classic like the Edsel).

The Sharp sf740/741 when the drum clamp would get mangled when customer changed master. I sold a lot of clamp assemblies.
    Jim , I bet you probably knows all of these.
    Happy Halloween Frank/ActionPhotocopy

Suprtek

Thumbs up

Anyone remember the Savin 840? Savin's "liquid machine" answer to the small personal copiers of the era. Imagine a machine that is only about the size of an 18" cube and uses liquid toner that turns into a thick rubbery coating on every internal part. The only good thing about them was the satisfaction you got when launching them like a shot-put into the dumpster.

Thumbs up

I completely forgot about that one. Some companies are still carrying the supplies for that.Frank/ActionPhotocopy