Page 52 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Electrictoner View Post
    AB dick K627 AKA Xerox 1065 5065 5365 cleaning blade for a photoreceptor belt WTF were they thinking!!!!!??? and a plastic type housing for fusing rollers that had oil sump resting in it that would eat away at the plastic and put potato chip grease like stains on the output jeesssh I think this was beginning of end Of Big X
    Its Electrictoner
    You forgot the center piece that the hoses for the fuser agent clamped onto. They used a power screw driver to mount those and more than 1/2 of those cracked, leaving a nice (Slippery) slick puddle of Fuser Agent under the machine. Those machines were where I learned that RMFD stood for Ruined My F--king Day.

former propeller tester 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. color View Post
    the canon clc 200 color pos
    4 Bucks a copy way back then (about $15 now), even more for A3

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Quote Originally Posted by kingpd@businessprints.net View Post
    I'm starting to think anything with Toshiba on it...grrr
    Being based in the workshop I was given the job of replacing the old Toshiba 2500, due to bad copy quality and the fact the company didn't want to spend any money on it.

I was given a Toshiba 2820 which had come back with 'low copy count'

The feeder skewed and jammed intermittently, after stripping it down a small stone fell out. I reassembled it thinking I had fixed it....

Time being what it is and knowing my boss wouldn't want me spending a hour on this I swapped it for another 3018.

Some people would say a doc feeder is the same regardless of manufacturer..

Technician
    The Monroe 4035 was always breaking down for some reason or another never should have been
    made. junk machine and I could mention a couple others

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The Canon NP-200. the first dry mono component toner machine produced. They put the LFA right above the toner hopper, which threw the dust on the bottom of the LFA which caused dirty copies. It had a moving platen, and also the worlds worst drum compensation system which constantly needed adjustment.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Kyocera had a fire sale on their remaining C4008s. My boss thought it'd be a great idea to buy 10 of them. Since then we've lost 10 customers.

Quote Originally Posted by galexander37 View Post
    SAVIN LIQUID MACHINES ALL WERE PIGS. DO YOU TECHS REMEMBER THE 9040i? THAT WAS SAVIN'S LAST STAND AND IT SUCKED.
    i worked on all the savin liquids for years and i loved them they were work horses messy but work horses

Quote Originally Posted by mark921 View Post
    The Canon NP-200. the first dry mono component toner machine produced. They put the LFA right above the toner hopper, which threw the dust on the bottom of the LFA which caused dirty copies. It had a moving platen, and also the worlds worst drum compensation system which constantly needed adjustment.
    i would have thought the canon np120 was would have been the first monocomponent m/c of canons. the one with a 16 kilo fuser unit that ran on pressure only. please correct me if i'm wrong, but worked on a couple of 120's years ago

Quote Originally Posted by mark921 View Post
    and what is a LFA? sounds like xeroxspeak to me
    Last edited by slybot; 12-24-2010 at 10:51 AM. Reason: bad day at work

dvl327
    I am with you on that one, I hate the fucking thing!