Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast
    Technician

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
    Since this was my favorite queston posted, I will bring it up again,
    Which copier was the biggest peice of crap ever? :evil:
    My nightmare was a SCM 150, they were impossible to service. We could only stick wires(very stiff ones) in through holes in the frame to remove paper jams. If you had to realign pressure fuser it was a 3 day job. The pressure springs had to be compressed with hydralics to put them in.

ralphjh

savin model 840

this is an old machine but everyone i know who ever worked on one would say that the biggest piece of crap ever was a savin model 840, it was a small liquid copier that leaked, squeaked and streaked.

ifaxman

One more.

Those that I have had the privilege of working on that should be on the list are Konica 2020, Mita Ai3030, early Panasonic analogs, but the worst of all time (of those I worked on) would be the Sharp CX7500 analog color machine. When the color balance was right, it made a decent copy. An hour later color balance would be off. Not to mention oil spills.

ralphjh

savin 840

i forgot to say that this was a clamshell macine and that the exposure glass was driven back and forth to scan the original, and after giving it a good cleaning it would still leave streaks on the copies.

KonicaMinolta Tech. 250+ Posts CMB's Avatar
    i have a few new ones. the Konica 7050, 7060, and the 7065. we only have a few left in the field. and all the clutches in all the machines squeel and chatter like pigs. you can replace them(clutches), but they'll start chattering again in about a week. the customers that have them, keep them in back rooms so that the noise doesn't bother them.
    http://christianoutdoorsman.com/forums/
    www.lewisdigital.net
    Lewis Digital
    630-1 Capital Circle N.E. | Tallahassee, FL 32301
    Telephone: 850.222.4418

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. 1 Peter 2:12

diegoyvivi
    What about the Ricoh 7660/7760?? 8 corona wires!!!!!

I hate that thing FOREVER!!!!

gustavo.tsuru
    Sharp 7800, 2020, 2118,2114,7850,2116.........they are a piece of junk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts hawkfan12's Avatar
    I have given this much thought, THEY ALL SUCK!

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan12 View Post
    I have given this much thought, THEY ALL SUCK!
    I think of it this way: It's a job that pays the bills. If they worked without any problems, we wouldn't have jobs.
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

It could just be me, but copiers seem to be getting a lot more reliable - some go from PM to PM without any dramas (except for IT problems!). Eventually only half of us will have jobs fixing copiers if they keep up this reliability thing - we need them to break down!