Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts TonerMonkey's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    It could just be me, but copiers seem to be getting a lot more reliable - some go from PM to PM without any dramas (except for IT problems!). Eventually only half of us will have jobs fixing copiers if they keep up this reliability thing - we need them to break down!

Oh dear, you've never come across a KonicaMinolta Bizhub 420, have you?

It's a new machine but as bad as anything I can remember, even worse than the old Panachronic analogs.

Hope you never see one.....

I have seen a Konicaminolta bizhub 420 but have never worked on one. It looks like the Konica engineers got in on the act and put the crap 7145 process area in but caved in and admitted that the minolta paper feed system was better. It had a weirdo bizhub 250/350 style fuser with a cleaning web. At least it has a minolta style panel rather than the steaming turn konica arrangement.

Kendall.

spiky
    ricoh ft-5570 the fuser is on of the worst i ever worked on

I would have to say the Xerox 1065. It also had a rebranded name with ABDick as well.

Unless they were running 200,000 a month, they were crap to keep going. Plus, you couldn't make any money on them.

Many Xeroids would say the 5100 Xerox. That machine had well over 100 mods to it until they got it right. I used to like working on them.
    100 ppm 11x17 doublesided nightmare
    I'm just a "Toner Monkey"

halfbubble
    None of you Sharp techs Have mentioned the SD-2075 or 3075 or 4085 They were all crap and very labor intensive

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Thumbs down My list of crap copiers

I think that at the time these machines were released they were not bad. Looking back, you now work on machines that run clean and don't require as many adjustments so in our minds we see them as real crap and they were, but back then I think that most people were just glad they didn't have to use carbon paper which is what people used to do, no Kidding!
    There are many, here's my list...

Sharp SF-900-every time you went to fix you had to restring all coronas.

Toshiba BD-8412-Ran like pigs, jams, I remember replacing the one way bearings in the feed system and setting the crush adjustment. My wife says I used to scream out at night BD-8412 while I was having a nightmare!

Sharp SF-740/741- Actually once they were set correctly they worked alright. But, if somebody screwed with the grippers you are scewed. The grippers are two metal clamps that were driven by a chain and the paper would feed into them and grab the paper. If the paper had two small dimple marks in the middle of the page it was set correctly.

Sharp SF-750- Master type also 755, 756 I am just glad I don't have to work on these things anymore. I still have an OEM Master for a 756 if anyone is interesed

Any Ricoh with fuser oil!

Sharp AR-200- A newer model but really is a weak machine. Again get through all the mods and trouble stuff such as...Replacing the LSU, my God what were they thinking? Doc Feeder piece of crap, Feed system wrap around duplex jamming piece of junk! I still have some of these but not in a high volume application.

Big SHIT!!!

Do you know Ricoh Aficio Color 2003??? also analog ft 3813.......nightmares!!!!!!!!

FLBP

Talking Savin Liquids v-35 with a color unit

What were people with a white carpet thinking?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts TonerMonkey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trc View Post
    Do you know Ricoh Aficio Color 2003??? also analog ft 3813.......nightmares!!!!!!!!

Second that , I thought the upper paper tray shoulda been made watertight for all the fuser oil that dripped into it then onto the floor in front of the machine.

Great revolver section too, the dev setup was 50 mins if I remember correctly - print quality was still sooo shitty after all that waiting.

tontech2000

The biggest piece of crap ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
    Since this was my favorite queston posted, I will bring it up again,
    Which copier was the biggest peice of crap ever? :evil:
    There are quite a few but the Sanyo z90 from what i remember that thing always broke down. I Think they got out of the copier business after that piece of junk.