Page 78 of 92 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788 ... LastLast

Re: Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Spent alot of time,Ricoh MPC7500/7501 series must be a clear winnerGreets all of ya'

This is easy...Canon IRC 3100/3170 series! Rotating developer, clutch issues on toner supply so DV units get over packed and lock up. Jamming on right side due to door not shutting properly...should I go on! LOL!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Since the title of this thread ends with the word "ever" you have to consider back to the old days of e-stat machines. I remember one from Apeco (American Photocopy Equipment COmpany) called the Dial-A-Matic. It had a rotary telephone type dial where you dialed in the number of copies you wanted. Techs called it the Dial-A-Jam.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Since the title of this thread ends with the word "ever" you have to consider back to the old days of e-stat machines. I remember one from Apeco (American Photocopy Equipment COmpany) called the Dial-A-Matic. It had a rotary telephone type dial where you dialed in the number of copies you wanted. Techs called it the Dial-A-Jam.
    that is where i started working.
    doing shop work cleaning the liquid tanks out so
    they could be put back out.
    electrostatic paper etc..i i think it was the apeco 180.
    i remember the savin 220 and 230 roll fed machine right about this time..they worked unlike the apeco line.

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Ricoh Metis range of turdlings.

destroyed a good range with a pile of shite. Failing fusers, transfere units, paper feed drives, dev units - even new out of the box screwed. Flimsy materials & bend quicker than limbo dancer!

grade 1 pike of crap & I'm a ashamed to have to apologise for them being so bad to the customer & make up some excuse.

No amount of firmware or upgrades will fix these awful money pits!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Konica 1290, Minolta 650Z

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by banginbishop View Post
    Ricoh Metis range of turdlings.

destroyed a good range with a pile of shite. Failing fusers, transfere units, paper feed drives, dev units - even new out of the box screwed. Flimsy materials & bend quicker than limbo dancer!

grade 1 pike of crap & I'm a ashamed to have to apologise for them being so bad to the customer & make up some excuse.

No amount of firmware or upgrades will fix these awful money pits!
    I'm amazed, I think they are a pretty good, reliable range of machines, they are my machine of choice to work on
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I'm amazed, I think they are a pretty good, reliable range of machines, they are my machine of choice to work on
    you're welcome to have them all debs! i had to charge a customer recently for a whole duplex unit as you couldn't buy the frame part i needed - the bill came to nearly £1000. the dev units keep failing, i even had a new one to replace the white line symptom only to have more white lines in the new one installed? the fusers keep failing, the paper feed drive units rivets bend. the cost of replacing the dev units are about £400 each alone. The doc feeder has a spring that falls off, the booklet maker stapler is rubbish - often throws error codes or jumps the teeth.

i liked the mpc 4500 up to the 02 range but this new range is pants.

I've replaced a couple of duplex units, but I think the fusers are more reliable than the 02 range (of course, nothing is as reliable as the 01 range), haven't had many PCU/dev unit problems, only problem I've had with paper feed unit is low paper actuator coming off. Had to replace a couple of ITB units, and had 2 or 3 cleaning units back up, I blame the standard of servicing in the Midlands
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Weakest point, in my opinion, is internal finishers, exit tray being knocked out of position and the stapler harness