Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
    troyboy
    i cut my teeth on mita dc-211's and dc-152z's. probably the last good machines mita made. i swear, you could drag those machine out of a lake and they would still run. then mita tried to update and improve. that was a mistake. the 2054's, 2254's, 2055's and oh my God, the 4585's and 4685's with the reverse clam shells. it's no wonder they went belly up. but by far the worse machines i ever worked on were the saxon 18's and saxon 30's (panasonics i believe) good God. i would have rather spent all day shopping with my wife than pull a call on one of those dogs. troy

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    Aficio 1224C gets my vote.

Crap and inconsisient copy quality.
    Painfully slow.
    Generally unpleasant to work on.

Cheap and nasty.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

SkipL

Angry

Savin 840 - Call today, call tomorrow, call the day after...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts ToshibaGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipL View Post
    Savin 840 - Call today, call tomorrow, call the day after...
    I have a few Toshiba DP-120 fax machines like that.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Biggest piece of junk ever

Yorktown Genie from the 70ties,the cable on the scan drive would catch fire and it would look like a 4th of july sparkler,That was the least of the machines problems.
    Andy

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

8412 Toshiba what a POS that was

Konica 1790 true garbage

Konica 1290 just plain embarrassing

Monica 151 just proves that engineers get stoned tooooo!

Monica DI 181 What the hell were they thinking

Monica DI 25/350 needs to be fed corn on a daily basis, what a pig.

Di181? Di250/350? They are not too bad! I have worked on them a lot, better than a lot of the Konica junk from the same era and newer (7020, 7222, etc.). BUT you have to know the 'tricks' to make them good!

Service Manager 100+ Posts CanonHPTech's Avatar
    My vote is for a newer model- may not be of all-time, but anyone who has worked on more than one feels my pain.

Canon IR C5800/6800 series

Basically a IR 5570 series with a rotary (hate em) in it. Only unit that I know where a seasoned tech can just do a PM to it, and it gets called right back in for something image quality related. Best is when customers think that they should print photo quality- hah. These guys fade out at 100K.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    Di181? Di250/350? They are not too bad! I have worked on them a lot, better than a lot of the Konica junk from the same era and newer (7020, 7222, etc.). BUT you have to know the 'tricks' to make them good!
    When you have 400 to 500 of those pigs all rooting around at the same time they can be a real hand full and what ever you do dont run a generic toner in them, ever.........Problems become 10 fold, trust me we went there and learned the hard way.

in my poor experience, arround 17 years of minolta service, just can find a big big everest of crap and the winner is Minolta EP 1031 and all your´s bastard brothers,