Page 85 of 92 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192 LastLast
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    We traded in our last MP C7501 yesterday It was one of the happiest days of my life! I'm now going to have a workshop clear out and chuck a couple of grands worth of parts in the bin.
    Throw the parts my way if you like.
    I will no doubt see these Copiers operating around the 2nd/3rd hand depots soon.
    They'll most likely require parts for their final grave yard last rights.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Technician
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

The Canon np6016. Piece. Of. Garbage. Clamshell. Need I say more?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Throw the parts my way if you like.
    I will no doubt see these Copiers operating around the 2nd/3rd hand depots soon.
    They'll most likely require parts for their final grave yard last rights.
    Do yourself and the customer a favour Neo, just tell them that parts are no longer available and they would be better off going down the library with a handful of coins then run one of those turds.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Panasonic photocopiers guys....

Spikessong

Cool Re: Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

I'm laughing so hard I almost have tears in my eyes! You guys are so funny! Someone should write a book.

The copier I trained on was the liquid toner Savin 840, mentioned in this forum several times. On my first day on the job they told me to take it apart, clean it and put it back together. What a mess. I didn't know to wear gloves, or have a diaper on the counter, and they let me learn every bit the hard way. I learned, though. During the oil boom of the 1980's our company sold thousands of these 840's to the bush villages' schools and to remote oil sites, because they were cheap. We technicians had a steady stream of remote travel back and forth the whole time I worked for that company.

The Savin V35 liquid color copier was amazing - There were at least 10 required technical modifications to be done just taking it out of the box, then every week for weeks and weeks afterwards there were 1-2 per week to be made to each machine in the field. It was embarrassing. And when these guys leaked the colored toner it was with a good solid pump...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melvinp View Post
    Panasonic photocopiers guys....
    The black and white ones were okay, not particularly tough to work on. The service manuals were clear and easy to use and find adjustments, removal and replacement procedures. But the color, nightmare city. Then again I never had formal training. Just had someone else that had been working on them for years to point me in the right direction. So glad they got out of the floor models and went to desktop only.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts brotherlarry's Avatar

Xerox 5046 (late 80s )

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts andrewdecruz's Avatar

This dinosaur dates back to the 90's.....Ricoh 6950. The duplex unit is built just below the drum and cleaning unit....big mistake. The cleaning unit is virtually a toner pig and it spills toner all over the duplex unit making duplex printing a complete nightmare

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Lots of crappy ones out there. My current biggest POS is the MPC305 ricoh. Toner hoppers work SOOOOOO well on those. It has gotten better though
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Senior Tech 100+ Posts xring1958's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    i have to disagree with whoever posted that "all" sharp analogs were the worse, of course there are a few bad sharp models that come to mind, 8600/9300, 2020. but one of the best analogs ever made was by sharp the sf-8100. and another great analog was the mita 152z. as far as olivetti being bad, i agree but i thought they were made by another oem like sharp. i remember one olivetti that was the same as sharps big master machine, 770, 781. the 781 used to talk to you with like 20 voice commands in a lame jap robotic tone. the bottom line is all oem's had their "dogs" but i would have to say the worse overall were ALL panasonic analogs, JUNK
    The 781 & 771 were almost the same an the Olivetti 1710 and 1810 the difference was the color grey & charcoal instead of off white & brown plus the Olivetti's wouldn't run with toner supply removed & sharps would. The Olivetti 1000 and later 1050 were not made by sharp used zinc oxide masters on a scroll roll had dry pressure cold fusing monocomponent toner and a paper cassette heater that must function or copies were terrible. After all that there was the slot screws and the feed rollers turned to mushy gum after a few years other than that it was a great box, very smooth exposure glass movement.