Page 9 of 92 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Copier_Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jojobutthead View Post
    2020\'s you forgot the biggest piece of crap the Xerox 2020. It was a used barely reconditioned ancient 3100 revamped into a large format reduction machine that had 12 mirrors. and a 500 pound reduction head that moved to one side so the operators could make regular copies. The big red X sold them as new for $12000 plus. From that day on any machine with the numbers 2020 have been doomed.

True. I worked on those monsters. Now Canon has a 2020 out and it's heading into the annals also.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Copier_Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpshiba View Post
    E Studio 3511/4511
    Are they that bad? I'm going to work on one for the first time on Wednesday. I hope this doesn't turn into a born again headache.

Savin 772 , a liquid machine made for the US Navy that had toxic dispersant ( you were ordered to use it for cleaning the copier BUT forbidden to INHALE the fumes),the only way to clean the optics was to remove the mirrors through the front frame then try to line them up for reinstalling by feel.The "exposure" adjustment was a piece of string tied to a lever and a shutter, and , last but not least, it used the dispersant/toner mixture as a lubricant for the ENTIRE drive system. If the copier did not make copies for 72 hours, the drive would sieze, drum would flake and it would take 2 days to clean and replace ALL the moving drive parts.
    Parker

Chromographic Supremesist 100+ Posts nightshade's Avatar
    Konica's 8050, hands down one big TURD!!

Technician
    Any Savin 700 series liquid toner machine. Doing a drum brake over a carpet was a real treat.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar
    how about any of the Toshiba e studio
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

SAVIN LIQUID MACHINES ALL WERE PIGS. DO YOU TECHS REMEMBER THE 9040i? THAT WAS SAVIN'S LAST STAND AND IT SUCKED.

Technician
    To GAlexander, no I don't remember the 9040 but I remember the 700 series, 5030, 5040, 7030, 7050, v-35 (color copier, 3 liquid toner colors), v-45 and I know I'm forgetting a few. These were brutal, sounds like you worked on them too. Any powder machine was heaven compared to them. I remember rebuilding the pumps after cleaning them in a parts washer. Talk about going thru hand cleaner.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Back in the day when you were more of a plumber than a tech, Savin liquids. As for dry machines how 'bout the toshiba 8412, total POS. Then there's the Ricoh 2103 color box with a 50 minute dev initial cycle when you change dev.

By the sounds of all the bitchin it sounds like I got it pretty good working on Canons all day long. My worst was the np3725 with the spring clutches and leaking developers.