Page 82 of 92 FirstFirst ... 327273747576777879808182838485868788899091 ... LastLast

Re: Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Surely Ricoh's MPC 6000/6501 (Venus C2/C3) range has to be in with a shout? Also known as the hoover killer- need I say more? Biggest POS they've EVER produced and I worked on the 5733 so that's saying something!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Minolta 650z. Some of you people were not born yet when I was working on them. A ton of modifications that took hours. Then of course the owner got a deal on a bunch of them that were new in box but had sat on shelf so long rollers were flat. Sent out a flyer saying you could save $5000 off new machine. He bought them for several hundred dollars each. Sold a bunch and were calls daily. In those days almost every set up had a problem that was not easy to fix. When it got to when you could set up a new machine with no problems I thought I had reached heaven!

Any RICOH copy printer.
    Whatever

Technician

Savin 840! Streaks & lines, streaks & lines - did I mention streaks and lines?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
    Minolta 3050/4050 when they first came out. After 50 different mods. the machines were not to bad.
    The minolta 4230 was much worse. Every part of that machine had major problems.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Which copier was the biggest peice of crap ever

Quote Originally Posted by Spank6482 View Post
    All the mita 3 digit boxes were a pain but the worst ever was the Mita 513

Post edited by: spank6482, at: 2005/01/31 22:07
    I remember the 513 and the 312re

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Re: Which copier was the biggest peice of crap ever

Quote Originally Posted by lenovos View Post
    I remember the 513 and the 312re
    I think it was the DC-161 and DC-162re that if you got a paper jammed in the registration section, the only way to get it out was to scratch the shit out of the 40K yield drum. Yeah! That and cleaning charge coronas.

I remember billing a church customer for a new drum on a DC-131. The next day the enduser got a drum wrap. To get it out, she removed the primary and cleaning corona units, bend a nice loop of coathanger, and fished out all the little penny sized bits of paper. She (and I!!!) was so disappointed when she saw all the scratches she had made in her one-day-old drum. I had quite a time explaining that drum warranty does not cover scratching with a coathanger. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I remember setting up developer, you had slowly dumb in the dv unit. The caps were metal and once in a while I would contact the mag roller and get a little shock.

Anyone up for an SCM 1200? Panasonic 2520?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Hand up for the 60+ CPM machines!...when they hit the 1.5 to 2 million mark, expect the developer unit to fail in the rear and take out every single f*cking paper feed unit!!!....Pieces of SH!T!!!

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Tech Rick View Post
    The 3M machine that used the pink tissue paper and special white transfer paper to make a copy. First 'copier' I remember.
    You might be right, but back in those days I was also dealing with infrared microfiche duplicators, and there were enough fiche fries going on then for me to deal with that.