Page 86 of 92 FirstFirst ... 367677787980818283848586878889909192 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Re: Which copier was the biggest piece of crap ever?

Right now its the Ricoh MP C305. This pox box has just shat the second toner feed pump while its still on my work bench being tuned up.

The team that designed this pile of vultures vomit should have their genitals inserted in a rusty rabbit trap.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Right now its the Ricoh MP C305. This pox box has just shat the second toner feed pump while its still on my work bench being tuned up.

The team that designed this pile of vultures vomit should have their genitals inserted in a rusty rabbit trap.
    Well, damn!
    Tell us how you really feel!
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

I had another bloody MP C305 in the back of the car the other day. I parked up in town and went to visit a client when I came back I discovered that the back window had been smashed and a second MP C305 had been stuffed in there.

HP Edgeline CM8060 series by far.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by SkipL View Post
    Savin 840! Streaks & lines, streaks & lines - did I mention streaks and lines?

You forgot to mention noise, those reverse roller scrapers were notorious for that. Thats even after the noise elimination mod.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

A few to name.
    Minolta EP410Z feed clutches, 4230 jams and clutches, 4300,5400 crap vertical duplex. Minolta loved using incandescent bulbs to sense paper empty too, which used to blow more than a hooker
    Sharp 770 with the toaster, SF7850 rotating cassette, 9400 fuser, 9800 everything, 83/8450 editing blank lamp array cost, 2116-2120 what a joke, ARC172 LED colour. AR161 and AR5132, digital pieces of crap. Anything Sharp makes with semi-circular feed rollers is shite

Saying that, all of these pieces of shit have kept us all employed by going wrong so not all bad!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

anything Xerox

At the moment the new range of HP A3 copiers are heading to the top of the charts with a bullet. The re-badge Samsung laser has backgrounding problems and the Pagewide inkjet........well its an inkjet, say no more.
    HP's support is 2/10's of 4/5's of SFA. No service manuals or parts manual and if you eventually find a part number the part is never in stock.
    We never used the acronym DOA before we started selling HP copiers.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    I had another bloody MP C305 in the back of the car the other day. I parked up in town and went to visit a client when I came back I discovered that the back window had been smashed and a second MP C305 had been stuffed in there.

I cant agree with you more. I just started working on these about 2 years ago. Its apparent that the engineering team that designed it has never been a field service technician. I 'm thinking that it should be required that each design engineer have no less than 2 years field experience before designing anything. If they only knew the pains and struggles we have to endure because of their inability to understand the term "ease of service".

Technician

I once had someone break into my shop, so they could bring back a sharp 2020.