Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    It's been discussed, but it will be in the cell phones some how for us. I don't like it, but if it means the lazy techs have to pull their own weight and actually start at 8 and end at 5 instead of whenever-they-like I think I can handle it.
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

Man About Town 250+ Posts CanonSco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Going off topic just a bit...

Do you guys have trackers fitted to your cars so the company knows where you are, my company has just started this and its not very popular with some techs.
    Not yet. Although we have a "tracker" fitted by the car lease company, but only them and I can access the info and it is mainly there for maintenance monitoring. It works on a sim card not gps.

The GPS tracking has been discussed many times. Im sure if there are any of us left it will be in our future.
    Yes, I am a nerd.
    Gaming PC - check. Raspberry Pi - Check. Custom ROM on phone - check. Thick glasses - check.

Quote Originally Posted by CanonSco View Post
    The GPS tracking has been discussed many times. Im sure if there are any of us left it will be in our future.
    Copier repair in a post apocalyptic zombie world???? I call dibs on the Mad Max car.
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Personally, I really don't care (The aluminum foil was just a bit of a dig. )

I guess it depends on just how micro managed you are. If you'll get slapped for showing up at 8:03 or clocking out at 4:57, regardless of how many "extra" hours you put in, I would take serious exception.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    I guess it depends on just how micro managed you are. If you'll get slapped for showing up at 8:03 or clocking out at 4:57, regardless of how many "extra" hours you put in, I would take serious exception.
    No, I'm not talking about 3 minutes, I'm talking 15 minutes or more habitually in the morning and as much as 90 minutes in the afternoon. And it's not the fact they do it, I understand the nature of our job allows us some freedom from time clocks, it's the fact they claim the time as worked on a time sheet.

Sorry for hijacking the thread...

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    No trackers for me. My competitors have it. They have to clock out to cash their check. I stopped by the shop this morning and said "I am taking the cat to the vet, I'll be back later" , to which my manager replied, "Sure , whatever". As long as I take care of my business, nothing is said.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    Company Car or Company car allownace

We get tracked via out phones, not by the cars. Just incase you guys were but didn't know. It can be a pain but if you do your job and don't take the pee, you will be fine
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

Lead Technician 50+ Posts
    Company Car or Company car allownace

Re: Company Car or Company car allownace

Company car, that I leave at the shop at nights and on the weekends. Though, they're not very nice at all. Driving a '98 Dodge Caravan with an unknown amount of mileage on it because the odometer display is digital and no longer works, along with the wipers, headlights, power door locks, and a boss/owner too cheap to pay the $800 to get it fixed at the dealership. On the plus side, it's the only service van with AC and the radio still works. That's all that really matters, and hey, when it rains or looks like it will rain soon, I have an excuse to not do work so I'm not going to complain.
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?