Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Whats the funniest thing a customer has tried/able to put through a photocopier?

I don't know if this counts but once I found a piece of pepperoni in the fuser. I found out that the customer would open the clam schell and place pizza on top of the fuser to reheat it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Whats the funniest thing a customer has tried/able to put through a photocopier?

I once had an old Sharp 8500 at a Homeless shelter in Washington D.C. that was called in for ADF not feeding. That was a common problem, but at this account it was not the usual cleaning of the shafts and replacing the one way pulleys. When I pulled the adf cover a large nest of roaches started running all over the machine. I quick vaccumed them up, took my vaccum filter out of the vaccum and baged it in their trash can.
    Most definately my worst service call ever.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Whats the funniest thing a customer has tried/able to put through a photocopier?

I couldn't figure out why the customer keep getting sticky goop on the glass of an old analog Mita. Come to find out, they were using the exposure lamp to heat their glazed donuts for breakfast.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Whats the funniest thing a customer has tried/able to put through a photocopier?

I didn't actually see it but a co-worker said he found out the customer was heating up ham and cheese sandwiches in the old Sharp with the "toaster" fuser.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

on the warming up thing we had a customer with a copier on a barge and in the winter time the end user would open up the fuser unit and set his coffee mug in there to keep it warm while he was outside working. I kindly bought him a $3 warmer plate and dropped it off on the next call.

I also had a call for a paper jam in the DADF on a CLC-1180 at the police station. I found a $10 all waded up down in the guides and rollers. The cheif went around to everyone asking if it was theres while I cleaned up the machine before leaving. When no one claimed it he handed it to me and told me to have a nice lunch. I was wondering what he would have done if someone claimed it since it is a felony for copying money.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar

All I can say is be glad you had your vac with you, and hope they call a pest control company later...geez that gives me the shudders and I did not even see it.

Quote Originally Posted by nodle View Post
    I once had an old Sharp 8500 at a Homeless shelter in Washington D.C. that was called in for ADF not feeding. That was a common problem, but at this account it was not the usual cleaning of the shafts and replacing the one way pulleys. When I pulled the adf cover a large nest of roaches started running all over the machine. I quick vaccumed them up, took my vaccum filter out of the vaccum and baged it in their trash can.
    Most definately my worst service call ever.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

The Roach Story reminds me to a Brother Fax, a Customer (Bakery Owner) brings in to repair, complaining of moving black stripes while making a copy. I removed and opend the mirror assy and guess what happens? Three mercurial Roaches appeared and started crawling over my workbench...i remember how astonished i was, how quick they are, but i managed to hunt them down and smack them with a Canon Service Manual (it was 1995, at this time, Manuals are made out of Paper); i reassembled the fax as soon as i can and put it out of the rooms into the garage
    Last edited by Herrmann; 07-08-2011 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Typo
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I don't know, I still think the marijuana pipe kit in a fax machine beats anything I've heard. On the list of gross things, fried rat, snake skin, camel crickets (worse than roaches cause you don't know where they're going to jump), and in first place a used condom.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Senior Tech 100+ Posts copyman20's Avatar

Found a check for $5000 one time under the DF cover while working on a DF jamming problem in an accounting firm. found out later that they and fire their receptionist for stealing and had the cop take her in and charged her for taking the money.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    I don't know, I still think the marijuana pipe kit in a fax machine beats anything I've heard. On the list of gross things, fried rat, snake skin, camel crickets (worse than roaches cause you don't know where they're going to jump), and in first place a used condom.
    Alright who's been skrewing with my copier....LOL