Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Field Tech 500+ Posts
    Whats the funniest thing a customer has tried/able to put through a photocopier?

Whats the funniest thing a customer has tried/able to put through a photocopier?

I have hand an eventful week. 1 customer trying to put t-shirt transfers through a Es-451c and another putting 400gsm paper through a LCF on a Es-2500c.
    When I told them the machines could not do the task they required, both customers told me....wait for it.......

It didn't say that I couldn't in the manual. Priceless. The call out and parts were pricey though.
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I had a customer regularly running brown paper lunch sacks through a Mita DC-111C. Surprisingly it worked most of the time.

I had a customer that folded silk-screened T-shirts over the bypass tray of their Sharp BC-260. The whole machine was filled with fabric lint, a lot of which collected under the lower cleaning seal of the color drums.

I accidentally fed my necktie through a Mita DC-152Z, while I happened to be wearing it. I was leaning over the bypass to look at something. These machines were single sheet feed, so when the tie hit the PE sensor it fed right in. I happened to have a pair of wire cutters in hand, and quickly chopped off the tie just below the knot. To my surprise it fed out with a space shuttle printed on it.

I've seen whole reams of paper, still in the wrapping in the paper deck of a Canon NP6050. They don't feed like that, by the way.

I'm sure there's more ... =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Tech 500+ Posts

Close call with the tie, I don't have to wear one but close call for you. I have seen that to. Paper in trays with wrapping still on. I sometimes wonder who theses people are and what they are like outside of work. As in, can they tie there shoe laces, put their clothes on, somehow drive....lol

There will be more, its just customers do so much dumb stuff. Is it that it happens so much that we do not notice anymore?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I seem to recall making up something about the "auto-unwrapping option" not being installed on this machine. They didn't see the humor, so I think they didn't understand that you have to unwrap the paper.

I remember calling a customer to ask for directions to their office. The young lady that answered the phone explained that she couldn't give me directions. She didn't know how to get there.
    "But, you're at work right now, correct?"
    "Yes ... "
    "And you drove?"
    "Yes ... but I don't know how to give directions."
    "Did someone tell you how to get to work?"
    "No ... I got here by myself."

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Tech 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I seem to recall making up something about the "auto-unwrapping option" not being installed on this machine. They didn't see the humor, so I think they didn't understand that you have to unwrap the paper.

I remember calling a customer to ask for directions to their office. The young lady that answered the phone explained that she couldn't give me directions. She didn't know how to get there.
    "But, you're at work right now, correct?"
    "Yes ... "
    "And you drove?"
    "Yes ... but I don't know how to give directions."
    "Did someone tell you how to get to work?"
    "No ... I got here by myself."

=^..^=
    Thats funny as hell. Customers keep us busy though. Its 'jamming in the finisher'. You dont have a finisher but ofcourse your right (the customer always is).

Technician
    I once had a customer trying to copy dress making patterns onto material. The call came in for "material comming out of machine..." I figured it was probably the cleaning web (old Xerox analogue machine) then saw what they had done. Heap of material through the bypass tray and wrapped around everything all of the way to the fuser.
    Customer says "well we have a service contract so we figured we would try it..." So then I turned around and went to get my charge book.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    An unfired round from an assault rifle in the doc feed. That is why it would not pull paper.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Had a call once for "copies are oily and you can see through the paper"... o.k. Drove there to find a couple of sheets of paper on top of regular paper in the tray with some clear oily substance all over it and the paper was very translucent when held to the light. Wow.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I also had an iron on transfer in a ricoh 45cpm machine. was completely wrapped around the hot roller. customer was trying to scrape it off with a paper clip when I arrived.

another kept trying to feed 100# bond through the bypass.. "it did it when it was brand new".

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    I've had a few customers I'd like to run through with a copier...
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins