Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar

George Bush Derangement Syndrome

"Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar

Re: George Bush Derangement Syndrome

So, your answer to the strawman "But, Bush ..." dialog is to go even farther back with a "But, Clinton ..."?

Have you ever had an original thought?

You know just pointed out the facts and backed them up quite well. Have you considered you have the disease?

Cdr. William Riker

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

i think i have it

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

It is amazing how some folks will tie the president to any person he was in the same room with 20 years ago, Bill Ayers, and want nothing to do with any ties to their leader for 8 years. A lot of the right wing sat and said nothing while the deficit ran up to a record amount. That did not seem to matter to any one on the right wing until a Democrat got in office. The same group that helped run up our bill, now acts like the debt just showed up with the new President. They firmly believe that cutting programs for the poor is the way to pay for the war, after all if you are a right wing Christian, all you need to do is ask yourself "What would Jesus do?". And we all know that the bible says to make the rich even wealthier, screw the poor, lets make war. That is the way Jesus would want it. You want a fact... Bill Clinton left office, this country had no debt.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    It is amazing how some folks will tie the president to any person he was in the same room with 20 years ago, Bill Ayers, and want nothing to do with any ties to their leader for 8 years. A lot of the right wing sat and said nothing while the deficit ran up to a record amount. That did not seem to matter to any one on the right wing until a Democrat got in office. The same group that helped run up our bill, now acts like the debt just showed up with the new President. They firmly believe that cutting programs for the poor is the way to pay for the war, after all if you are a right wing Christian, all you need to do is ask yourself "What would Jesus do?". And we all know that the bible says to make the rich even wealthier, screw the poor, lets make war. That is the way Jesus would want it. You want a fact... Bill Clinton left office, this country had no debt.
    Yeah, I heard Jesus was a dead eye with a sling and a rock...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Come on now Jimbo. If you really dig for the truth you will see that George W Bush was in on blowing up the 2 World Trade Centers. 911 was his idea. And during Hurricane Katrina he blew up the levies. You heard Kanye West say George Bush doesn't like black people.

Now our current President , Barak Obama, he wouldn't blow up levies now would he?

Oh , he gave the OK for the Corp of Engineers to blow them up about a month ago.??

Oh well forget about that. How about the war Bush started. Oh , but it's OK to bomb Liybia. Hell ya. It Barry Obama. He's a black dude. If you put him down then you must be a bigot.

Oh never mind.

What I am noticing is how easily the deal about the intel being around for Bill Clinton just got side-stepped. The fault is going to get pinned on Bush no matter what you do.

And I really am not a big Bush fan. I voted for him for only two reasons:
    Al Gore

John Kerry.
    I mean that would do it for anybody wouldn't it?

Cdr. William Riker

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

It really is not about Bush. It is about all the political leaders that were in office during all or part of the Bush years, that rubber stamped everything. Am I wrong or were we not asshole deep in debt in Bushes 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th years. I do not recall seeing the right wing of this country saying anything about it. I do not recall any Republicans trying to shut down the government or hold it hostage until spending cuts were made. I believe we should tax the rich. What is the big fight about? It is over 3%. Bush tax cuts took the tax rate for the rich and cut it from 37% to 34%. Three per cent. That is all. It would help balance the budget and solve a lot of problems, but the right wing of this country compares rich people having to go back to that old tax rate as the same thing as living under Hitler and Stalin. I am so sick and tired of listening to that segment of the population talk out of one side of their mouth about how this is the greatest place in the world and then out of the other side of their mouth they wine and cry about how they are being taxed to death. When I look at my check and how much I pay to live in America, I think it is a bargain.
    Are any of you Americans taxed to death? The amount taken out of my check is not that much compared to what I get in return. I think if you whine about it costing to much to live here should be forced to live in a third world country for a year. You can not come back early, you gotta stay the whole year.
    Can anybody give me any examples of massive tax cuts creating jobs. I mean there have been Republican strongholds where the Governor and state reps are overwhelming Republican. So I would think in these right wing strongholds, state income taxes are ultra low and jobs are everywhere because corporate taxes are so low. Where are these places? How come these places are not given as examples of how conservative politics are the best way to go. Does anybody have examples of how the Bush tax cuts that have been in place for years have created any jobs. Since these tax cuts have been in place for years making the wealthy even wealthier, surely someone can show examples, using data, facts and figures to prove this Republican talking point.
    You see jimbo, it is not about Bush. It is about the whole big lie. Like drug laws. America has a larger percentage of its population in jail than any where else. Most of those prisoners are in jail for drug violations. Well the right wing says that we must fight the war on drugs. We spend billions and never get closer to winning it. But we keep a lot of people locked up and ruin their lives while cutting funding for schools to try to balance the budget. That does not make sense to me. Facts and figures do not back this up as rational thinking.
    I do not think politicians should be allowed to talk about taxes unless they use exact figures. For example, all of my deductions put together take away 1 sixth of my pay. That includes state tax and medicare and SS. I do not think I am getting screwed, but if someone can explain to me how I am, I will listen. Thanks for reading my rant.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

There has been a study done which shows if you CONFISCATE totally the wealth of the first 200 billionaires in this country you still fall short of clearing the deficit by 300 billion. There were Republicans by the buttload screaming at Bush but if all you listen to is progressive liberal voices you didn't hear it. Rush, Laura, Glenn, Bil O' and a host of others had quite a lot to say about the spending.

And I see we are asshole deep in the debt from the Obama administration which overreaches every other administration in the history of the nation.

And the deficit and finances have nothing to do with the still undiscussed fact that the Clinton administration and every swinging Democrat who wants or wanted George Bush's blood for Iraq were just fine with it when Bill wanted to go in and get him. I posted the link to the proof.

Cdr. William Riker