Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    George Bush Derangement Syndrome

Re: George Bush Derangement Syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by RRodgers View Post
    This just in.... Obama to run against G.W. Bush in 2012.
    That movie has already been made...Dumb and Dumber was the title!!!
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The problem is not who the President is, It's the life long politicians and, the even deeper rooted staffs in both houses.

I believe there should be term limits not only for the politicians but also for any individual that works as a staffer. The politicians are the ones with the fancy words and the looks to get elected, but the staffers are the ones the actually come from all the advococy groups, and big money groups that pull the purse stings.

We are supposedly have a repesentive government, but I don't see it. All I see is that the country keeps moving in the same direction no matter which parties jerk get the prestige of living in the White House.

All I get to say is yes my guy won or lost. In the end it is like any sporting event someone gets to claim victory but does it really matter who?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Thats what I knew I would hear, A 10% flat tax would reduce the tax for the rich from 34% to 10%, a whopping 24% reduction in taxes. We as a country would be bankrupt in a week.
    You are forgetting it would tax those people that don't pay taxes. Wasn't there just a report that 48% of the US doesn't pay taxes.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

When Steve Forbes was running for President his plan was a flat tax and it was 17 percent. People that made $40,000 or less per year paid no taxes.

So the poor paid NO taxes. I repeat. The poor paid no taxes. If you made $41000 you paid taxes on the $1000 , or $170. If you made a million dollors you paid $170,000. Now I would say that the rich would be paying there fair share and the poor would pay ZERO.

Social sercurity was not changed. This is just for income taxes.

They did studies and this would send even more revenue to the federal goverment.

You know what really bugs me.

If a republican comes up with and idea then the democrats put it down and say that is not a good idea. If a democrat comes up with and idea the republicans put it down and say it's not a good idea.

There has to be a good idea one of these days.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRodgers View Post
    You are forgetting it would tax those people that don't pay taxes. Wasn't there just a report that 48% of the US doesn't pay taxes.
    Oh yeah. They are out there.
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker