Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Florida, Oh Florida....

Okay, it's official. I love Florida. Just spend 2 weeks there and was nearly killed to death by the heat. And apparently June isn't the hottest month. Went shooting at Oak Ridge Gun Range, shot pistol for the first time in 16 years and LOVED IT!!!! Anyone hiring in the Sunshine State? hehe
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: Florida, Oh Florida....

You'd love it! (Other than the heat, of course...)

While I live in the frozen North (Ohio), I have family and friends in Florida.

From a work perspective, you'll find that overall the pace is considerably slower than it is in cooler climes.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

I'd love a slower pace, beats being run up and down like a whore's knickers anyway!
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Been there two times. Spent some time in Orlando and Miami. Did the usual stuff (Kennedy Space Center, Disney World (and all the other parks). Had a wonderfull time!

Yeah, wanted to do Kennedy as there is a sci-fi convention thingy there. Didn't get chance to tho Universal, Sea World, Wet and Wild and Aquatica took up most of the holiday!

Hit it.

Im going in October (Orlando) with the family,Im taking the Kids out of school for it as it makes it about 2k cheaper . Any tips on what to see? Im not that bothered with the Disney thing, but I will defo go to Kennedy
    The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

SeaWorld is a must. Have a look about for a thing called the Orlando Flexticket. Basically, for about £130, you get unlimited access for 14 days to SeaWorld, Aquatica, Wet & Wild and both Universal parks. The Flexticket Plus also gives you admission to Busch Gardens, but if you're not driving it's waaaaay too far. Most hotels do free shuttle transfers to Universal and there's the I-Trolley for mooching up and down I-Drive, $17 for a fortnight's unlimited use. Restaurants to visit - Tony Roma's near stop 20, Village Inn near stop 29 (fantastic for breakfast). Restaurant to avoid like AIDS - Kobe near stop 17. Shit food, even worse service and a damn sight more expensive than it needs to be! Gimme a shout if you need any more info.

Hit it.

Already booked the Flexticket. Cheers for the tip on Restraunts, and im staying on Int Drive so i'll check out the I-Trolley.
    The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    SeaWorld is a must. Have a look about for a thing called the Orlando Flexticket. Basically, for about £130, you get unlimited access for 14 days to SeaWorld, Aquatica, Wet & Wild and both Universal parks. The Flexticket Plus also gives you admission to Busch Gardens, but if you're not driving it's waaaaay too far. Most hotels do free shuttle transfers to Universal and there's the I-Trolley for mooching up and down I-Drive, $17 for a fortnight's unlimited use. Restaurants to visit - Tony Roma's near stop 20, Village Inn near stop 29 (fantastic for breakfast). Restaurant to avoid like AIDS - Kobe near stop 17. Shit food, even worse service and a damn sight more expensive than it needs to be! Gimme a shout if you need any more info.
    Oh, man, just thinking about the Village Inns makes me hungry! That's where we always stopped for breakfast.

Their skillet breakfasts are the best!
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Friendly's meat lover's skillet is awesome too. Definitely had the meat sweats after that one. JSC - where are you staying on I-Drive? There's a place called Ponderosa, near stops 10 and 20 on the trolley. That's a good place to eat enough food to make you sick!

Hit it.