Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts KyoceraChris's Avatar

Anyone Follow the Casey Anthony Trial?

Personaly i think i she was guilty but their was no "smoking gun" .

Re: Anyone Follow the Casey Anthony Trial?

All they proved is that she was a horrible person and mother...sadly a young child life was lost and no insight to how and why was established....on the other hand I think the media spent way to much time hyping this whole case up...sure it was tragic...every child who dies each day is tragic...but they all do not get as much media attention as this one did....
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar

Kinda reminds me of the whole Jon Benet Ramsey thing...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts KyoceraChris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    All they proved is that she was a horrible person and mother...sadly a young child life was lost and no insight to how and why was established....on the other hand I think the media spent way to much time hyping this whole case up...sure it was tragic...every child who dies each day is tragic...but they all do not get as much media attention as this one did....
    very true, i was asking my self the same question why the media was all over this. Im sure their are other mothers who have killed their children as well..

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyoceraChris View Post
    very true, i was asking my self the same question why the media was all over this. Im sure their are other mothers who have killed their children as well..
    The reason they were on this is simple. She is young, attractive and white. The only other criteria that would have gotten this kind of attention is if she were a celebrity. And if you have a young attractive white celebrity, watch out.

Yup, media drove the German people to believe Hittler was a good man and Drives people to do all sorts of things in America. Media does the thinking for many, its a shame they have so much power and handle it so poorly. Who know the whole case could be drawn up from one perspective and presented to us in one manner and most likely there is another side to it all that we would never see probably because that would temper the hate people have towards this mom, which we all know would be a lot less exciting and could never be worth medias investment.

Anyways, it is tragic every time a child is lost, I just hope people can learn from this case and let go of their selfishness for the sake of a child.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar

Very True! I personally believe Casey's father had a role in the murder. Such a tragic story though. I believe I heard a reporter say that there were 11 more child death cases to be heard in the same county... 11!?!?! That's ridiculous!

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar

Jesus, what an appropriate screen name. Two thumbs up.

Guess you could say she got 99 problems but a kid ain't one.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Best part was when they thought Casey's brother was the father of the murdered child! Urgh!
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Yeah the media as I said over hyped all this.....just to derail the American people from other important issues....but yeah cuz she is young and attractive she got air time....I'm sure most the nation hasn't heard about the mother who was murdered near here and then her two young children who died from the fire the murderer started in the house...or the valiant attempt of the grandparents who were called by one of the children who showed up to try to rescue them from the fire and burned badly in the attempt....
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."