Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar

Re: A question of legality

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Why don't you just go to his house, and talk to his parents? Maybe they're reasonable people, and will kick his lyin' ass.

If they aren't reasonable, well maybe he'll have a little accident ....
    That's the reason we posted his face and name all over the neighborhood and craigslist, so we can find someone who will give us his address. That's all I need. I'm sure his parents are low lifes as well. I mean, if your kid came home with a brand new Diamondback wouldn't you question him about it? They either don't care that their kid is a thief or they don't pay any attention to him at all.
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    The fact that the perp is a minor is a problem. What you need is another minor, or two! Pay some kids to jump him and steal his bike.
    Oh, we have eyes and ears all over the neighborhood looking for this kid. We're offering a reward as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryT2 View Post
    Here's a thought : Get him distracted one day >>>> " STEAL " the bicycle back . When he reports it stolen .... well, you've got the paperwork to prove it is yours ; not stolen .
    Then ask the cops what they can do about him " HARRASSING " you by saying that you stole his bike ?
    As soon as we get his address, we're gonna just take it back and still call the police. We're pretty sure he crudely spray painted the bike to conceal the factory paint job, so we got him on destruction of property, too.

Update:

We're closing in on the little twinkle-toed douchebag. Several neighborhood kids sited him on the bike yesterday and one of the kid's father says he might know the little thief's mother. Also, there are quite a few guys that are on the lookout for him and will deliver the bike back to us if they catch him (no doubt motivated by the reward we are offering). I'm wondering if I should double the reward if they bring back a tooth or an ear from the little bastard along with the bike? Ok, maybe that's going too far...

I'm tempted to go hunt this kid down for some money....rough economy ya know.....lol
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    A question of legality

I'm tempted to go hunt this kid down for some money....rough economy ya know.....lol
    I knew it would be a Texan...ROFL!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Why aren't you giving all this information to the police?
    Surely you aren't going to take the law into your own hands over a bike right.

I wouldn't post his picture anywhere unless you get him arrested and convicted of a crime.

He allegedly stole you wifes bike and you could be opened to a defamation suite.

Maybe he bought the bike from the REAL thief (Remember O.J.)

Quote Originally Posted by ExXeroid View Post
    Why aren't you giving all this information to the police?
    Surely you aren't going to take the law into your own hands over a bike right.

I wouldn't post his picture anywhere unless you get him arrested and convicted of a crime.

He allegedly stole you wifes bike and you could be opened to a defamation suite.

Maybe he bought the bike from the REAL thief (Remember O.J.)
    If you would have read the entire thread before posting you would have answered your own questions...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winfield View Post
    If you would have read the entire thread before posting you would have answered your own questions...
    I did read the thread.
    What did I miss?
    Just because he has been seen riding the bike isn't proof that he stole it.

You said:
    "Long story short, we have several witnesses who gave us the name of the guy who is riding around the neighborhood on my wife's bike"

You never mentioned that anyone saw the kid steal the bike just that hes riding it.
    Right now the most he can be charged with is possession of stolen property.
    If you have a name and a picture the cops should be able to get the address and recover the bike.