Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D Printer

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    3D Printer

3D Printer

Just had to share this video. This is no longer science fiction. Incredible.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

Re: 3D Printer

Hehe, all through that vid I was thinking how long before someone does a 3D copy of their backside and/or genitals? Technology may move on but some things never change.

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

Symptoms:- Constant jams on 3D copier

Cause:- Found half a jammed penis in exit area.

Action:- Removed penis, customer insisted that "No one who works here would put their penis in the copier"

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

It'd be easy finding the smegger who jammed it.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

3D Printer

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie1981 View Post
    Symptoms:- Constant jams on 3D copier

Cause:- Found half a jammed penis in exit area.

Action:- Removed penis, customer insisted that "No one who works here would put their penis in the copier"
    too large to fit out the exit?!?!?! LOL

Saw this about 6 months ago. It is simply amazing how they produce these products.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Well if you watched the video about this they don't put there butt or any item in the machine. It is scaned to a computer and the you hit the print button. Cool stuff going on .

Star Trek is almost hear.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

A customer showed that to me a few weeks ago, I was going to share but thought it had been posted already.Wait til that thing starts to work with powered metal, I see an endless supply of screwdrivers.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar

I just watched that my self, that was wild, there is no telling what they can make with it, how about parts that wont break, gears with some strength in them, or even better, old parts for them machines customers dont want to part with.....nawww

3D Printer

I was just thinking, wouldn't it be cool if everyone had one. Need a tool and don't have it? Get your buddy to scan his in and fax the data to your 3D printer. Voilą! Instant tool and when you're done throw it in the shredder to be recycled. Never go to the store (other than for groceries) again. Simply surf, download the scan, and print it. Absolutely awesome. I think the coolest thing is that what you create has moving parts and works. Engineering something of your own? No problem, design it on your pc and print it out to test it. In the future it may be able to use different materials so that even electronic things can be designed. Of course, it will end up being smaller. Which one of you guys wants to learn how to fix it? All that powder in the parts...hmm.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Well it's really not that fast. I think they said 1.5 hours from start to finish to produce the wrench.

But still. It's a start.