Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Field Tech 500+ Posts
    Do you get a Bonus?

Do you get a Bonus?

The company I work for mentions now and again a bonus scheme. They have thought about it on and off and say for one reason for another that it can not be implemented.

Do the companies you work for have a bonus scheme and if so how does it work?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

michael
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

Re: Do you get a Bonus?

Yeah. Any time I am involved in something that the company feels was done wrong, or could be done better, or could be done a different way, or this, or that, I get a bonus butt chewing. When I do something right, nothing. That's how I know when I am doing good.

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    Do you get a Bonus?

Do you work where I do?
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

All engineers where I work get a percentage of 'service profit' which can range from £10 a month to £150 a month on top of your basic pay.
    The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Do you get a Bonus?

When worked for a company, we only got promises...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar

We get a yearly bonus that equates to about one months pay. Of course, I don't work for a copier dealership and I'm not a field technician anymore...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Do you get a Bonus?

Used to get commisions for selling service agreements and sales leads.
    Salescum all ways complained they were already working the lead and then they started selling contracts with unreal conditions.
    One in my teritory had a 30 ,minute responce time, they were 50 miles away.
    They LIE, LIE, LIE.
    I run my own show now, so I get all profits from my hard work.
    Do bonuses work????
    NO, because someone else wants a piece of the bonus money.
    Tell them to put the bonus money into salary and give all the service staff a raise.

Nuff said.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

If we meet our incentives (based on several factors) we can get up 4% of our annual salary, or one week's pay.

Sales leads are totally separate, but they have to meet so many requirements that it is nearly impossible to actually get paid on one.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

When I started they had a bonus plan that would pay $50 a month if you completed 70 calls that month, another$50 if you did 80 and $50 more for each incriment of 10 calls. When I started, because all my machines were so close together and my customers so technologicily challenged I was pulling down 110 to 130 calls a month. Well there was no way they were going to give me that kind of money every month, so they came up with a plan that in my spare time from doing 120 calls a month, if I could hussle up any paid business, they would give me 10% of the profit I make.Well the other employee bonus is long gone and because of my profit sharing, I became the shredder guy, the plotter guy, the "I will try to fix anything in your office guy." If I sell I get a 20% commision.The bonus I get runs into a few grand and I save it and cash it in right before Christmas. I have walked into peoples office when I see someone struggling with something and hand out my card, you would be surprised how many of those result in call backs and extra work.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Do you get a Bonus?

Mine is a little different because I'm not a field tech. When I came to work here everyone in the company got $100 every month if sales was more than the previous year. If we did twice what we did the year before we got $200. Almost every month we did double. Then we got new management. The double bonus got dropped first, but we got a lot more benefits that we didn't have before and needed. As a business, sales was great. Sales got one type, tech management got another and the average worker got a third. I fell under tech management. It was the same amount the average worker got, but harder to earn and we had it in a lump sum quarterly. Average workers got it monthly. We were a Fortune 5000 company for like 2 or 3 years in a row. Then the economy took a dive and for a year they suspended it, raises and we had a 5% reduction in pay. They have brought it back but only a percentage of our yearly income. They increased matching to our 401K which is a good thing, but all of us know that the bonus will never go back to what it was.

Still happy overall with the company. Just realize in difficult economic times they're going to do what they're going to do. After all, they are in business to make money. The company has very little debt, we haven't had to borrow money, and our sales are still very good. Most of us are happy the boss did the cuts before he had to because we are in good shape. Just good management.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".