Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Service Manager 250+ Posts Ianizer's Avatar
    Ah! Whimsical doth he wax with with sabre wit and melody of prose my copier friend hale.
    Excellence I cry -- excellence! -- in toner world at once fair and fell.
    Swift of word precise of thought (with bow darkly to EAP) the IT foe is vanqished -- to menace again -- nevermore.

Very nice.
    -I
    My name Peggy.
    You got problem?

Glorified Parts Swapper 100+ Posts ptrflrs's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Penny Pinchers, Password Changers, Genius, Helicopters & Hookers!

happened again to me today at my last call. has anyone had the hot and flirty but slightly creepy cougar/widow customer that practically begs for your business card or personal phone number and won't let you leave until she gets something, maybe even a hug? u will usually know something like this might happen if you get asked "can i ask you a personal question?" followed usually by something like "do u have a girlfriend?" or "how old are you?" or "are you married, you don't have a wedding ring on?" and sometimes even the "do you do this on the side because i have a machine at home that needs service/attention?" -your service specifically, if u know what i mean.

^^ wow guys, seriously? your verbosity and eloquence is truly astounding however, you might have to dumb it down just a smidge for the rest of us lest we might understand.
    jesus loves you! (everyone else thinks you're an assh*le)
    street cred: CompTIA A+ & Network+ Certified; Konica Minolta Gold Seal x2,
    Konica Minolta Outward ASSociate, Ricoh, Sharp, Lexmark trained

Service Manager 250+ Posts Ianizer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ptrflrs:247107
    happened again to me today at my last call. has anyone had the hot and flirty but slightly creepy cougar/widow customer that practically begs for your business card or personal phone number and won't let you leave until she gets something, maybe even a hug? u will usually know something like this might happen if you get asked "can i ask you a personal question?" followed usually by something like "do u have a girlfriend?" or "how old are you?" or "are you married, you don't have a wedding ring on?" and sometimes even the "do you do this on the side because i have a machine at home that needs service/attention?" -your service specifically, if u know what i mean.

^^ wow guys, seriously? your verbosity and eloquence is truly astounding however, you might have to dumb it down just a smidge for the rest of us lest we might understand.
    About a hundred years ago... would make her roughly 180 by now... Don't get me wrong, I have the deepest respect for our seniors, but WOW. Bent over to favor me with a lacy flash of Depends. Must have gone through a quart of Murine that day.

Maybe half that time ago, when I was still hitched to The Sequel, my standard closing question, "What else for you, ma'am?" was answered, "How about lunch?" Now that was flattering, but had to flash the gold circle and politely decline.

Most recently, professional talk with a delightful young lady I had not seen in awhile was naturally dwindling and had just rounded the bend slightly beyond the Well-Have-A-Nice-Day point, when suddenly I got the "So... how you been?"

Yep. That's how it starts. Just like that.

-I
    My name Peggy.
    You got problem?

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Penny Pinchers, Password Changers, Geniusi, & Helicopters

Re: Penny Pinchers, Password Changers, Geniusi, & Helicopters

Shameless necro of a long-forgotten thread. This one was too much of a gem to let it slip away into the ides of forum purgatory...

Someone liked an old post in here and it brought it back to my attention. I think it's time to revive it with...

The Techno-phobe

This person is so afraid of new shiny things that they simply refuse to believe there's a magic world inside that little computer box called the interwebs. The Techno-phobe has key characteristics of being able to tell you the damn thing is broken, but can hardly speak into the correct end of the phone without causing a blackout in a 3 block radius through their fumblings and bumblings.

Phone diagnostics with a Techno-phobe will usually leave the tech attempting diagnostics with a level 2 migraine (level 3 being a sharp pain with a light or sound, and level 1 being "OH GOD THERE'S A CRICKET, KILL ME NOW"). When attempting to use non-technical terms with a techno-phobe they will still have no idea what's being referenced. Under no circumstances is a technician dealing with a techno-phobe to make any references to perspective or point of view, as it will elevate the migraine level when they can't comprehend looking at something from "the top down" or "looking straight at it from 5 feet away".

The Techno-phobe will be the one complaining about the copier the most, and any attempt to educate the TP will result in a prompt "I don't have time for this, just make the damn thing work", followed by a return trip to the site 3 days later for the exact same user-induced problem.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Classic thread. I was suspicious, but now entirely convinced that anyone in the copier tech industry must be at least slightly insane.

I feel strangely at home.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Penny Pinchers, Password Changers, Geniusi, & Helicopters

You don't have to be crazy to do this job, but it sure helps.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SargeNZ View Post
    Classic thread. I was suspicious, but now entirely convinced that anyone in the copier tech industry must be at least slightly insane.

I feel strangely at home.
    So, you been talkin to people I know?
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking