Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Typical conversation to place a service call.

Re: Typical conversation to place a service call.

Quote Originally Posted by 10871087 View Post
    Caller: Well make sure they bring a drum, that was the problem last time when the stapler didn't work.
    LOL

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Customer: my machine is spitting out pieces of metal! rofl that was the best one I heard last week. Turns out there was not a damn thing wrong with it. And yeah customers usually presume rollers or drum. Most don't even know what a drum is.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Had a customer that always said "it just needs a good cleaning" and would question why i replaced parts. she complained once to a supervisor about my excessive use of parts on the copiers. after that, every service call, i would replace at least one part, even just a feed tire or feed belt,

by the way , they had a full mainteneca agreement, so they weren't charged for parts!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

And the two are used interchangeably, as are Document feeder and bypass.
    I would count myself fortunate if my customers had ever known those 2 words. All mine ever said was "drum" and "roller". But they reacted violently to me saying their problem was due to: "paper quality issue" or "remanufactured toner"
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Paper quality issue... Gotta love their reactions when that's what you have to tell them.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I have a customer who has a di450 and she refers to everything as "the drum". The black drum(hot roller) is bad, red drum(press roller), grey drum in doc feeder....but never calls the drum the drum.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    I would count myself fortunate if my customers had ever known those 2 words. All mine ever said was "drum" and "roller". But they reacted violently to me saying their problem was due to: "paper quality issue" or "remanufactured toner"
    In their defense, damn near every tech that can't fix a copier feed issue blames paper. After a while, it gets ridiculous.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

In their defense, damn near every tech that can't fix a copier feed issue blames paper. After a while, it gets ridiculous.
    I agree, but I hated to say that. The particular client that comes to mind used to unwrap 5 reams of paper and leave it out so it would be "ready" for the tray when they were empty.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

My wife is probably not the typical enduser. She's been listening me rant on & on for nearly 20 years about copiers. To my surprise she's been listening! (I can't imagine why ...)

She called out the Canon tech to her office a while back. There was a repeating defect, and she asked him to please bring the drum unit. The one in it has 100k prints. The tech blew her off, of course. What kind of and enduser can identify a bad drum?

The wife of a copier tech, that's who. He did have to return with a drum, and suffer her icy stares while installing it. That will teach him to underestimate my sweetie. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    My wife is probably not the typical enduser. She's been listening me rant on & on for nearly 20 years about copiers. To my surprise she's been listening! (I can't imagine why ...)

She called out the Canon tech to her office a while back. There was a repeating defect, and she asked him to please bring the drum unit. The one in it has 100k prints. The tech blew her off, of course. What kind of and enduser can identify a bad drum?

The wife of a copier tech, that's who. He did have to return with a drum, and suffer her icy stares while installing it. That will teach him to underestimate my sweetie. =^..^=
    Your wife sounds like quite the smart cookie. That poor canon tech must have gone home with frostbite on the back of his neck. Haha