[QUOTE=prntrfxr;241753]Actually, at one company I worked for, my boss got a good account by offering to change the toner for them. 5 floors of employees and ratio was roughly 1 printer for 2 workers. About 1000 people per floor. She offered them something like, 2 hour response times, bring the cartridge, vacuum the printer, install the new cartridge and remove the empty cartridge. Told them their office personal (mostly women) would never get dirty having to replace a cartridge, the machines would never be damaged by someone not installing the cartridges correctly, regular vacuuming would reduce service calls by 75%, and machines would be under maintenance agreement. They loved the idea, she sold it and left it to me to try and make it work.

I hired a very bright delivery guy who was working his way through college.QUOTE]

I think I've just spotted the reason why that sort of deal would never work around here. Our sales team would promise
the customer that level of support but expect service to cope without employing the extra manpower.