Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Best Worst?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Best Worst?

Best Worst?

What copier/MFP manufacturer makes the most cost effective and reliable machines on the market today and while we're at it,in the opinion of our techs what manufacturer is your least favorite?

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: Best Worst?

I am going to step out on a limb and guess that most techs will play for the team they are on. I am a Konica tech, I think they are the best.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

COLOR QUALITY PANASONIC
    BETTER COST kYOCERA
    All customers have good and bad machines.I works whith Ricoh copiers.

Now a days the copiers are not much reliable compare to the machines before, when it comes to machine lifespan, performance and technician friendly. Technology makes life easy for the user and life a living hell on technicians like us, from mechanical, electrical and now networking. The possibilities of troubles are enourmous most of the time we need to rely on the service manual or to our co-worker who encountered the same problem. For me when it comes to high copy volume gray scale machine i'll choose canon for mid size Sharp,Toshiba and Canon for the low copy volume thesame. For colored machines high capacity and mid size Minolta and Sharp. The most least favorite Mita.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ednicarl20 View Post
    Now a days the copiers are not much reliable compare to the machines before, when it comes to machine lifespan, performance and technician friendly. Technology makes life easy for the user and life a living hell on technicians like us, from mechanical, electrical and now networking.

lolwut?

I have yet to touch a machine that's not, in many ways, easier to work on than its predecessor. Almost all the mechanical adjustments like skew and timing are done via simulation, components come out much easier, carrying manuals on a laptop and using ctrl+f makes looking up codes and problems so easy a monkey could do it.

Best value for light production: Ricoh. After years of Oce', these things are a treat. Wurst: I'm holding out that Toshiba sucks as bad now as they did when I worked on them from '01-'07.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Best Worst?

Canon are my favourite parts are easy t change and cassette feed tyres etc dont need tools.

Lexmark are bad, parts are difficult to change feed tyres need a screwdriver.

Toshiba are the worst, the parts are easy to change but very expensive and the copiers are generally unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock View Post
    lolwut?
    I'm holding out that Toshiba sucks as bad now as they did when I worked on them from '01-'07.
    Our company stopped selling Toshiba about 2-3 years ago because of the issues mentioned earlier. But as Toshiba usually come with print scan etc as standard when we get a low mileage machine back from a customer it gets set up in the warehouse and I get the job of fixing the staffs problems with it.

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

From what i've seen so far.(This is because I work on them) Konica Minolta for Mid/Hi - Hi Vol. Color as well as Mono. For price wise Kyocera-mita/CopyStar new TaskAlphas seem pretty nice. Also for easy to work on Printers go for HP or Kyocera. I wouldn't touch anything Toshiba from what i've seen. I don't know much about Canon but they are really good from what I hear.