Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    I would like to meet a Canon Engineer and kick him/her in the beard.

Re: I would like to meet a Canon Engineer and kick him/her in the beard.

Quote Originally Posted by ragajungle View Post

irc6800 I dont even need to go here because this machine is a total joke and everyone knows it. This time though there was a drum phase error and required gutting the machine to get the dv assy out... 4 hours later....
    After inventing possibly the worst machine ever they re release it as a 6870 with extra circuit boards and then a 6880.

The company I work for cannot even give these machines away to trade customers.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    I would like to meet a Canon Engineer and kick him/her in the beard.

Sometimes I think this is a payback for WWII

When I'm removing those 50 friggin screws on back of machines all I can picture are the Jap engineers laughing as they are designing the machines.

I have a lot less headaches since I switched to Konica Minolta several years ago.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

KM has quite detailed intructions for replacement of everything listed under the maintenance tables, this is great, but I think they assumed nothing else would every need replacement, ever try to repair a clogged toner refresh tube on a C353? If it's not under the tables, you're on your own. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    Yeah, I never thought of it until my recent training course when I was having this very same discussion with the instructor, about why they'll do stupid crap like this... Copyright laws. Abolish them.
    It can not be all patents.
    Economy or management must take a lot of the blame. Remember an older model you used to service, that had a good design that worked very good AND it worked good for a LONG period of time / many prints.
    When the model is replaced, they have not used the design that was superior in the old model. No, they have reinvented the whole thing, by an "engineer" that have NO knowledge of how great the old part/design was - or they thought they could do it better.. or most likely CHEAPER or more ENERGY EFFICIENT.
    I remember many years ago I worked on Minolta, and they had a really good paper feed system on a model. Then they went digital, and apearantly they could not use a really good paper feed system in a digital machine. They had to find som cheap sh** insted.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Sometimes I think this is a payback for WWII
    I've said this before to customers when they've seen me with a machine in a million pieces, I think the Japanese are still pissed off about Hiroshima and Nagasaki