Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: tech support hold hell

Outside of Detroit is a place called "ACME" tool and die. When I worked in steel we did business with them. Whenever I had to call them about something, when the girl would answer, I would tell her I was calling to order some of those rocket powered roller skates like I saw on the Road Runner cartoon. She would hang up on me and make me call back.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Outside of Detroit is a place called "ACME" tool and die. When I worked in steel we did business with them. Whenever I had to call them about something, when the girl would answer, I would tell her I was calling to order some of those rocket powered roller skates like I saw on the Road Runner cartoon. She would hang up on me and make me call back.
    Years ago, my uncle was an engineer at a company called "National Acme" in Cleveland.

The jokes and gags were endless.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

My favorite thing was when they would have that recording that said "Your call is important. please stay on the line.. A Solutions Support Engineer will be with you to assist you shortly." If it was so important why am I waiting two hours?

I actually had a guy apologize for that once, and he actually helped me solve a problem.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar

Don't start me on tech nonsupport!!!! Over the years, with different companies, I have learned to dread any call to a support service. Reciently, I had some problems with a fax unit, the model was changed from version 1 to version 2. I called support (at my manager's insistance) and was told that according to the tech bulletin, that unit should work. ??????? Another time, after a few unsuccessful attempts at installing a data security kit (and an hour's wait), I was told that they don't sell data security kits for that model ("Yes you do, I'm trying to install it now!!!!").

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

I actually had a guy apologize for that once, and he actually helped me solve a problem.[/QUOTE]

I bet they fired him.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

On the other side, Muratec faxes has great support.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    On the other side, Muratec faxes has great support.
    YES!!! Probably the best that I have experienced.
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

I can turn a screw... 250+ Posts pacman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Samsung likes to transfer you around. First here, wait wait wait, get someone who couldn't find his ass with both hands, transferred there, wait wait wait, second person can find his ass but no clue about your problem, third transfer, wait wait, call dropped. Start all over again ...

By the time I actually get a knowledgeable human I'm so unspeakably pissed, I can hardly be civil to the person. I usually start the conversation with how much I really hate their call handling method, and how it really isn't about you personally ...

Arrggghhh! My jaw is clenching already just thinking about it. =^..^=
    Oh come on now....they're getting better, aren't they? (At least that's what I heard...........hehehehe) They can follow a flowchart now. The one GREAT guy they had working there isn't there anymore unfortunately. There are now just a handful (two or three) that are pretty decent and can give me some solid answers.

That's why I stick to calling the RSM's or engineers for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock View Post
    Kyocera Mita: "Try replacing the main board".
    For *everything*; paper jam, pcq, coffee on the keyboard.

Oce: "Have you looked at page x, y or z in the manual?"
    Bitch, the reason I'm calling is I've looked at every manual, bulletin, white paper and tech note and it ain't there.

Those phone jockeys need to be rotated out into the real world every other year.
    Got one to add to this list:

Samsung - "Have you tried updating the firmware? What version are you running? Oh, we just got a new version last Friday. Have you gotten it from the website? Oh, it's not actually ON the website?"

blackcat can probably back me up on that one.....

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    tech support hold hell

[QUOTE=pacman;240556]"Have you tried updating the firmware? What version are you running? Oh, we just got a new version last Friday. Have you gotten it from the website? Oh, it's not actually ON the website?"QUOTE]

So you muck around for an hour down loading the firmware from the web then up load it to the copier and only then do you read the release notes that came with it only to discover the reason it was released was to fix a spelling mistake in Serbo-Croat, nothing else!!!!!!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

I can turn a screw... 250+ Posts pacman's Avatar

[QUOTE=Lagonda;240558]
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman View Post
    "Have you tried updating the firmware? What version are you running? Oh, we just got a new version last Friday. Have you gotten it from the website? Oh, it's not actually ON the website?"QUOTE]

So you muck around for an hour down loading the firmware from the web then up load it to the copier and only then do you read the release notes that came with it only to discover the reason it was released was to fix a spelling mistake in Serbo-Croat, nothing else!!!!!!
    BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! YES!

99% of FW upgrades on any given product are just that anyhow.