Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

tech support hold hell

Any person who has called Konica Minolta tech support and been left on hold listening to that piano song over and over without starting to twich, is a better man than I. And to make it worse, the song is used on some insurance company comerical or something like that. I was on hold today for about an hour with a bluetooth in my ear and that same damn song over and over and over. I actually made the guy who answered the phone send an e-mail to the admin to complain, so if they change to something better, I should get an "atta boy" at the very least.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: tech support hold hell

Nothing like those hour long holding pattern dances to drive you insane!

I frequently end up on the quarterly "high talker" report from our glorious cell phone provider for going over on my minutes.

When asked about it, I told my manager to look at where all those call were to. "Oh, I see..." was his only comment.

After that I was never challenged about my cell usage again.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Senior Tech 100+ Posts its_just_a_copier's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: tech support hold hell

I feel your pain there! I actually work a tech support desk now (not mentioning which one) and If I have anyone waiting more than 10 mins, which is rare, I apologize right away.

Especially if all they need is a part number or a quick answer, sucks to have to sit on hold while you could be doing something else with your time!!

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

I started a call to KM tech support one day, got in my truck drove back to the shop , looked up the problem at the solutions database, got the parts I needed and drove back to the job site , all the while waiting on hold. I had changed the parts and was testing the machine when they finally picked up. I was actually making a contest out of it, thats why I stayed on the phone, plus the blue tooth makes it easy.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

ragajungle

Ricoh does this thing where you sit on hold listening to the same Ricoh commercial over and over and over again for 40 minutes and then all of the sudden CLICK.... just disconnected.

That ranks up there with the People Gas, who actually have you hold for an hour and then a voice comes on and explains that you should just go on line..... TWITCH.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    tech support hold hell

Samsung likes to transfer you around. First here, wait wait wait, get someone who couldn't find his ass with both hands, transferred there, wait wait wait, second person can find his ass but no clue about your problem, third transfer, wait wait, call dropped. Start all over again ...

By the time I actually get a knowledgeable human I'm so unspeakably pissed, I can hardly be civil to the person. I usually start the conversation with how much I really hate their call handling method, and how it really isn't about you personally ...

Arrggghhh! My jaw is clenching already just thinking about it. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    tech support hold hell

hopefully i wont get to use that number.

Telco is a diff story, love to talk to tier 2 ppl.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    tech support hold hell

Three letters.

I.B.M.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ragajungle View Post
    Ricoh does this thing where you sit on hold listening to the same Ricoh commercial over and over and over again for 40 minutes and then all of the sudden CLICK.... just disconnected.
    Talk about infuriating!

When we approached them about this, they said "Oh, that NEVER happens... if it did there must be an issue with the phone lines."

My rosy red @ss there is!!!
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

But- this makes their 'hold time' report look better-if they did not hang up on you, their time-on-hold number would look bad..........
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds