Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Re: The scary call outs

Quote Originally Posted by igi View Post
    hi all

years back i get a call from a customer their sf-7750 jamming from adf

i get there its a library,no problem testing the adf about 50 copies no jams

the labraryan passing by and asks what is the problem,i answer nothing is wrong with the machine

she looks me in the eyes and tells me are you calling me a liar this machine jams every copy

and she goes to her office,30 seconds later i hear her voice behind me,are you calling me a liar

i turn around just to see a fire-arm in my face,my knees start to shake but i droped all my tools and run to my car

i sat in the car shaking for an hour atleast,then i saw her leaving maybe for lunch or maybe to see her psyciatrist

i took ma chance and run in to collect my tools never to see this customer again,i told my boss you can fire me know but i never going there again

even after all this years as i write this my hands start to shake

good luck all

and keep away from libraryans
    This one not only wouldn't have gotten the copier fixed but would have been in jail.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

As I get to make up my own rates, I do not believe anyone could afford a "gun in the face charge"! The baby face kids with guns out here do not bother me. On the rare instance that I have had one of them point a gun at me i usually tell them to fuck off and that this isn't Iraq and you will really fuck up if you pull the trigger. One time a senior NCO came in and heard me fucking with his solider and told him to "shoot the son of a bitch", referring to me. there was a long dead silence before me and the sergeant busted out laughing. The poor kid stood there and did not know what to do. I went back to fixing the fax and ignored him.

The thing that scares me out here are the working dogs. They take no shit from no one.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    The scary call outs

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    We don't get that excited here where I live. The closest thing I had was to get the glue out of my suitcase and hear some comment about sniffing it instead of fixing the machine.
    ... or the time at the maximum security prison, where I spent two hours looking through trash cans for an empty tube of superglue that I had consumed onsite, and not present at the post service call inventory. We never did find it by the way. I assume they just got their fill of hassling me. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

I can turn a screw... 250+ Posts pacman's Avatar

I can honestly say I have never had a weapon pointed at me while fixing a call.

Not on a call, another story.........lol.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by igi View Post
    hi all

years back i get a call from a customer their sf-7750 jamming from adf

i get there its a library,no problem testing the adf about 50 copies no jams

the labraryan passing by and asks what is the problem,i answer nothing is wrong with the machine

she looks me in the eyes and tells me are you calling me a liar this machine jams every copy

and she goes to her office,30 seconds later i hear her voice behind me,are you calling me a liar

i turn around just to see a fire-arm in my face,my knees start to shake but i droped all my tools and run to my car

i sat in the car shaking for an hour atleast,then i saw her leaving maybe for lunch or maybe to see her psyciatrist

i took ma chance and run in to collect my tools never to see this customer again,i told my boss you can fire me know but i never going there again

even after all this years as i write this my hands start to shake

good luck all

and keep away from libraryans
    You should have sued her or at least got the police on her ass. Don't let people get away with that kind of bullshit....
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

I tried to get one pointed at me one time. I was fixing the copier and a guy in the weapons room was cleaning a 50 cal machine gun. I tried to get him to point it at me while I was at the copier as if to say "fix the damn copier" and let me get a picture. He would not do it , he thought he would get in serious trouble.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    The scary call outs

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I tried to get one pointed at me one time. I was fixing the copier and a guy in the weapons room was cleaning a 50 cal machine gun. I tried to get him to point it at me while I was at the copier as if to say "fix the damn copier" and let me get a picture. He would not do it , he thought he would get in serious trouble.
    You could try to say something colorful about his mother.

- Your mother's a c*nt!
    - *pointing gun* You son of a...
    - Wait! Hold it! Let me get the camera!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    The scary call outs

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    ^^ very little scares me as well...I have a redheaded ex wife!
    Me, too.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

we used to go to a copier at a private house, where they had a "guard dog", this was the days before mobile phones, we used to turn up & toot our horn & wait for someone to put the dog away, while we were doing this, the dog would be jumping alll over the vehicle, barking & snarling, we had a delivery driver who thought that as he was a "dog lover" he would be ok,he got out & tried to pat the dog, the dog enjoyed the taste of his hand.....

Maybe you look like his ex-husband lol...