Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: The scary call outs

I told a customer who was being a real ass "You can't hurt my feelings, I have an ex-wife."
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The scary call outs

Used to service a customer that had a fine stable of German Shepherds that could play nice or mean depending on the command they were given by their handlers. I did not know this until one day one of the dogs charges towards me while I was sitting on the floor. Dog tackled me and instead of having me for lunch he wanted to play. The guards were laughing hysterically. Needless to say I had to check my shorts for stains.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    The scary call outs

This sounds like a great opportunity for my dog story:

A number of years ago ... (don't you like stories that start that way? The copier was a Mita DC-152, if that tells you how long ago.) ... I was just starting out in the field. I was still riding along with Bill in the GMC van. We showed up at the musicians union hall, and find the door locked. Bill knocks.

We hear the door unlock, Bill opens the door to the snapping growling faces of two 180# dobermans at face height. Bill forces the door shut and says in a calm voice: "I'll be waiting in the van." and proceeds to get comfortable in the van. I stood there like a slack-jawed idiot for a minute, while the secretary secured the dogs to the two corners of her desk, then lets me in. Bill remains in the van. His response was: "I'm not going in there." I fumbled through the service call.

Have you ever heard someone say that they felt eyes watching them? It's an unsettling feeling to have two very focused dobermans watching my every movement. After 45 minutes I just couldn't take it any more. As I was wrapping up the call and writing an invoice, I noticed that the dogs had dragged the desk two feet closer to my position. There have been times when I was really glad to leave a call. This was one of the few times I felt like prey. When I got back to the van, Bill just looked at me. "Coward." I said. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

My funny dog story was at Range 37, where they train Ops and other government agencies in assault weapons and tactics. I was on the floor and could see the Commanders big old nice Setter on the sofa in his office and she could see me. What I couldn't see was the second dog in there, and he did not know I was there either. At the end of the call, me still on the floor, he walks to the door and our eyes meet. No words were spoken, but our facial expressions spoke volumes. Mine said "Oh Shit, this is going to be bad!" His said "OH Snap, this is going to be FUN!" As he leaped through the door at me , a sergeant grabbed him. The commander came to the door and laughed "He must have thought you were a reporter, we don't like reporters"
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

The scary call outs

There was a follow up to that story, again at the musicians union hall.

I was chatting with the president of the union about the killer guard dogs and he starts to laugh. "They're not quite as tough as they look."
    Last summer they had a little mouse problem in the back part of the building, which was mostly storage. The gentleman live trapped a mangy looking feral cat to get the mouse population under control, which he did admirably.

He wasn't sure how it happened, but the dogs got loose in the warehouse. After considerable chasing and the sounds of cat/dog combat, the bigger doberman came racing back, face bloodied, and hid under the desk. Seconds later the second doberman also squeezed in under the desk, perhaps seeing that one on one odds wasn't looking so great.

The cat stayed. The dogs did not roam into the warehouse again.

Dobermans: 0
    Mangy Feral Cat: 1

=^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    There was a follow up to that story, again at the musicians union hall.

I was chatting with the president of the union about the killer guard dogs and he starts to laugh. "They're not quite as tough as they look."
    Last summer they had a little mouse problem in the back part of the building, which was mostly storage. The gentleman live trapped a mangy looking feral cat to get the mouse population under control, which he did admirably.

He wasn't sure how it happened, but the dogs got loose in the warehouse. After considerable chasing and the sounds of cat/dog combat, the bigger doberman came racing back, face bloodied, and hid under the desk. Seconds later the second doberman also squeezed in under the desk, perhaps seeing that one on one odds wasn't looking so great.

The cat stayed. The dogs did not roam into the warehouse again.

Dobermans: 0
    Mangy Feral Cat: 1

=^..^=
    hi
    silly dogs dont they know not to mess
    with upset pussy

The scary call outs

Quote Originally Posted by igi View Post
    hi all

years back i get a call from a customer their sf-7750 jamming from adf

i get there its a library,no problem testing the adf about 50 copies no jams

the labraryan passing by and asks what is the problem,i answer nothing is wrong with the machine

she looks me in the eyes and tells me are you calling me a liar this machine jams every copy

and she goes to her office,30 seconds later i hear her voice behind me,are you calling me a liar

i turn around just to see a fire-arm in my face,my knees start to shake but i dropped all my tools and run to my car

i sat in the car shaking for an hour at least,then i saw her leaving maybe for lunch or maybe to see her psychiatrist

i took ma chance and run in to collect my tools never to see this customer again,i told my boss you can fire me know but i never going there again

even after all this years as i write this my hands start to shake

good luck all

and keep away from librarians
    That's an amazing story. Watch out for the quiet ones ... =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    That's an amazing story. Watch out for the quiet ones ... =^..^=
    yep lesson learned

dont judge a book by its cover

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I told a customer who was being a real ass "You can't hurt my feelings, I have an ex-wife."
    wow that must have been a very bad experience
    if you had to compare customer to HER