Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

The scary call outs

hi all

years back i get a call from a customer their sf-7750 jamming from adf

i get there its a library,no problem testing the adf about 50 copies no jams

the labraryan passing by and asks what is the problem,i answer nothing is wrong with the machine

she looks me in the eyes and tells me are you calling me a liar this machine jams every copy

and she goes to her office,30 seconds later i hear her voice behind me,are you calling me a liar

i turn around just to see a fire-arm in my face,my knees start to shake but i droped all my tools and run to my car

i sat in the car shaking for an hour atleast,then i saw her leaving maybe for lunch or maybe to see her psyciatrist

i took ma chance and run in to collect my tools never to see this customer again,i told my boss you can fire me know but i never going there again

even after all this years as i write this my hands start to shake

good luck all

and keep away from libraryans

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    The scary call outs

Re: The scary call outs

Quote Originally Posted by igi View Post
    and keep away from libraryans
    Of course it had to be a woman.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

I do not scare easily, I have an x wife.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

The scary call outs

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Was she like that when you married her?
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Talking Re: The scary call outs

Originally Posted by fixthecopier

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Was she like that when you married her?
    Well she wasn't his x wife

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    The scary call outs

Fixing a printer at a nuclear power plant was kind of scary. I've never dealt with security that tough. But they never waived a firearm in my face, so I think your story tops mine.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    ^^ very little scares me as well...I have a redheaded ex wife!
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Service Manager 250+ Posts

one week after the Oklahoma city bombings I was covering another service territory and we get a call for a machine down at the federal building. Now this was in the days of suit and tie service so I arrive in a black suit and as it was raining I had on my black lopndon fog trench coat.
    I go to the desk, introduce myself, proceed to give them my license and they search me and then they ask me to open my tool kit. Well I always carried a tube of plumbers epoxy ( and still do) to temporarily fix broken doors and actuators etc. I got jacked into the wall with a gun placed to my head and had about 5 federal officers bringing me to the ground. As I am laying there the SAC for my normal service territory walks in and sees me on the ground. He stops the whole process as he has seen me fix his copier several times with the plumbers putty. Shaken I proceed to go to work on the copier. WOuldn't you know it had a broken door actuator and i take out the tube of plumbers putty and hear Stop or I'll shoot. I drop the putty and raise my hands stuttering don't shoot. It was the SAC from my territory laughing his ass off. NEedless to say I was not pleased. Next time his copier was broken ( the door again) he had to wait a week and a half until I ordered the new door and charged them for it.

The scary call outs

Quote Originally Posted by CT Copier Repair View Post
    one week after the Oklahoma city bombings I was covering another service territory and we get a call for a machine down at the federal building. Now this was in the days of suit and tie service so I arrive in a black suit and as it was raining I had on my black lopndon fog trench coat.
    I go to the desk, introduce myself, proceed to give them my license and they search me and then they ask me to open my tool kit. Well I always carried a tube of plumbers epoxy ( and still do) to temporarily fix broken doors and actuators etc. I got jacked into the wall with a gun placed to my head and had about 5 federal officers bringing me to the ground. As I am laying there the SAC for my normal service territory walks in and sees me on the ground. He stops the whole process as he has seen me fix his copier several times with the plumbers putty. Shaken I proceed to go to work on the copier. WOuldn't you know it had a broken door actuator and i take out the tube of plumbers putty and hear Stop or I'll shoot. I drop the putty and raise my hands stuttering don't shoot. It was the SAC from my territory laughing his ass off. NEedless to say I was not pleased. Next time his copier was broken ( the door again) he had to wait a week and a half until I ordered the new door and charged them for it.
    We don't get that excited here where I live. The closest thing I had was to get the glue out of my suitcase and hear some comment about sniffing it instead of fixing the machine.
    Mascan42

Ibid

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CT Copier Repair View Post
    If it was me, they not only wouldn't have gotten anything fixed that day, I wouldn't have set foot in the place again. I guess I'm not that forgiving.