Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts robscopyr's Avatar

Re: Top 12 Reasons to vote Democrat

Nice Flame-Out fix the copier!
    Ever notice how the ones who are the most wrong seem to cry the loudest, or longest? Everyone should see by now that party affilliation no longer matters. Your repective party rarely represents you true views. They are ALL just figuring out new ways to steal from 'the people' while filling their pockets. It goes much further than government WAKE UP PEOPLE!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will then know peace."
    -Jimi Hendrix

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robscopyr View Post
    Nice Flame-Out fix the copier!
    Ever notice how the ones who are the most wrong seem to cry the loudest, or longest? Everyone should see by now that party affilliation no longer matters. Your repective party rarely represents you true views. They are ALL just figuring out new ways to steal from 'the people' while filling their pockets. It goes much further than government WAKE UP PEOPLE!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will then know peace."
    -Jimi Hendrix

Please do not mistake my rant as party affiliation as I am a registered independent. Speaking against idiocy does not make me a democrat. the people of this country created this monster that is our political system and now they cry about it. The republicans are to blame that Obama is president, because they let their party be hijacked by the tea party and pushed ideas that did not appeal to the most voters. In case you missed the concept, who gets the most electorial votes wins. I watched for months during the last election as the polls told me who was going to be president, the right wing got crazier and crazier thinking that is what will pull the moderates and the left to their side. Well they are doing it again. Any one with middle of the road ideas gets booted and the far right gets crazier.
    Again my rant was against stupidity. if you have any facts or data that disputes what I have said, then post it.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo1 View Post
    Exxon's 2007 Tax Bill: $30 Billion - Seeking Alpha

Now is this an example of what we can expect from "green jobs" companies? You know the ones that have to have 500 million tax money startup and then ask for another 700 million in tax dollars and then fold unexpectedly leaving 1100 people out of work?

Solyndra says it did not have to warn its workers

Yes they pay taxes overseas, then use that as a deduction, so the foreign country gets tax dollars and the U. S. gets to give them billions in refunds. How is this different from giving foreign aid to these countries? Americans get nothing.

As for Berkshire Hathaway, I do not recall bringing them up, or defending them in any way. I guess the point you are making is that anybody who disagrees with the tea party automatically inherits all the right wing targets. So how do these people differ from exxon hiding capitol in the Bahamas?
    Well you got me Jimbo. Since one liberal icon has issues with his company, that automatically dismisses all liberal billionaires who also want their taxes raised. Got any tax related dirt on them?
    How long have the Bush tax cuts been in effect for the wealthy job creators? Why can no one list all the jobs they have created?
    Can someone please tell me what the republican job plan is????? All I can find is them talking about tax breaks for business. Yep, that is why my boss hires more techs, not because we need them in the field, but because he got some tax breaks.

And then there’s Exxon-Mobil, which paid more in income taxes than any other U.S. company last year, just none of it to the U.S.:
    Exxon tries to limit the tax pain with the help of 20 wholly owned subsidiaries domiciled in the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Cayman Islands that (legally) shelter the cash flow from operations in the likes of Angola, Azerbaijan and Abu Dhabi. No wonder that of $15 billion in income taxes last year, Exxon paid none of it to Uncle Sam, and has tens of billions in earnings permanently reinvested overseas.
    Instead, the $15 billion was divided among the countries where Exxon has set up one of its hundreds of foreign subsidiaries. In total, Exxon 122 foreign subsidiaries, including 32 in countries that are officially labeled tax havens by the U.S. government. It has 18 subsidiaries in the Bahamas, and 3 each in the Cayman Islands, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
    In each of the last two years, the Obama administration has proposed eliminating the loopholes and incentives in the tax code that allow companies to set up subsidiaries in these low- or no-tax countries, which help them lower their effective tax rate by 20 points or more. Both times, the administration saw its efforts rebuffed by Congress and the Big Business lobby, which means that a $100 billion annual tax burden will continue to be shifted onto U.S. taxpayers (including corporations) that don’t engage in this sort of tax evasion.

You defend big oil, what makes them different from Berkshire Hathaway??
    Last edited by fixthecopier; 09-03-2011 at 06:29 PM.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Yes they pay taxes overseas, then use that as a deduction, so the foreign country gets tax dollars and the U. S. gets to give them billions in refunds. How is this different from giving foreign aid to these countries? Americans get nothing.

As for Berkshire Hathaway, I do not recall bringing them up, or defending them in any way. I guess the point you are making is that anybody who disagrees with the tea party automatically inherits all the right wing targets. So how do these people differ from exxon hiding capitol in the Bahamas?
    Well you got me Jimbo. Since one liberal icon has issues with his company, that automatically dismisses all liberal billionaires who also want their taxes raised. Got any tax related dirt on them?
    How long have the Bush tax cuts been in effect for the wealthy job creators? Why can no one list all the jobs they have created?
    Can someone please tell me what the republican job plan is????? All I can find is them talking about tax breaks for business. Yep, that is why my boss hires more techs, not because we need them in the field, but because he got some tax breaks.

And then there’s Exxon-Mobil, which paid more in income taxes than any other U.S. company last year, just none of it to the U.S.:
    Exxon tries to limit the tax pain with the help of 20 wholly owned subsidiaries domiciled in the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Cayman Islands that (legally) shelter the cash flow from operations in the likes of Angola, Azerbaijan and Abu Dhabi. No wonder that of $15 billion in income taxes last year, Exxon paid none of it to Uncle Sam, and has tens of billions in earnings permanently reinvested overseas.
    Instead, the $15 billion was divided among the countries where Exxon has set up one of its hundreds of foreign subsidiaries. In total, Exxon 122 foreign subsidiaries, including 32 in countries that are officially labeled tax havens by the U.S. government. It has 18 subsidiaries in the Bahamas, and 3 each in the Cayman Islands, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
    In each of the last two years, the Obama administration has proposed eliminating the loopholes and incentives in the tax code that allow companies to set up subsidiaries in these low- or no-tax countries, which help them lower their effective tax rate by 20 points or more. Both times, the administration saw its efforts rebuffed by Congress and the Big Business lobby, which means that a $100 billion annual tax burden will continue to be shifted onto U.S. taxpayers (including corporations) that don’t engage in this sort of tax evasion.

You defend big oil, what makes them different from Berkshire Hathaway??
    I'm sure if I look when I get a chance I can find it. Buffett was who I wrote abot in the blog you mentioned about writing a heck to the government.

A lot of my point is trying to eliminate the concept of the wonderful progressives whose fecal matter produces no odor but the conservatives who eat babies. If you are an adult you ought to know better. I will keep looking. You arre a good guy man I just hate seeing people get drilled .
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

I'm sure if I look when I get a chance I can find it. Buffett was who I wrote abot in the blog you mentioned about writing a heck to the government.

A lot of my point is trying to eliminate the concept of the wonderful progressives whose fecal matter produces no odor but the conservatives who eat babies. If you are an adult you ought to know better. I will keep looking. You arre a good guy man I just hate seeing people get drilled .

Same here friend...The GOP War on Voting | Rolling Stone Politics

I quit having to do with Rolling Stone after they threw rock under the bus in favor of rap.

Cdr. William Riker

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Top 12 Reasons to vote Democrat

That was a good read, I saw it earlier this week.

I quit having to do with Rolling Stone after they threw rock under the bus in favor of rap.
    Thanks for proving that when presented with something other then a "talking point" the average tea-bagger will throw out some BS like "a poor man never gave me a job" or "it was cold yesterday so therefore the majority of the world scientists must be wrong".

i quit debating tea-baggers a few months ago, they are full of talking points and interesting bits of info that are often factual, but that is about all they have, little bits. They almost always fail to see the big picture and see how they fit into that big picture. It amazes me that someone making 40k-60k a year in this country will complain about corporate tax rates and "death taxes" while never once complaining about the cost of health care or higher education. it amazes me that they consistently vote against their own best interests.

Quote Originally Posted by 10871087 View Post
    That was a good read, I saw it earlier this week.

Thanks for proving that when presented with something other then a "talking point" the average tea-bagger will throw out some BS like "a poor man never gave me a job" or "it was cold yesterday so therefore the majority of the world scientists must be wrong".

i quit debating tea-baggers a few months ago, they are full of talking points and interesting bits of info that are often factual, but that is about all they have, little bits. They almost always fail to see the big picture and see how they fit into that big picture. It amazes me that someone making 40k-60k a year in this country will complain about corporate tax rates and "death taxes" while never once complaining about the cost of health care or higher education. it amazes me that they consistently vote against their own best interests.
    What amazes me is insisting on calling people really offensive things when all they have is an opposing opinion.

Cdr. William Riker

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charm5496 View Post
    4. I voted Democrat because I'm way
    too irresponsible to own a gun, and I
    know that my local police are all I
    need to protect me from murderers and
    thieves.
    I'm a liberal, atheist, gun owner. So, whatever.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts d7guitar's Avatar

Cool Re: Top 12 Reasons to vote Democrat

I listen to AM radio in the car (workdays) if i am bored of music or just need something else to keep my mind going.
    I listen to Conservative and progressive talk radio. Sometimes i find myself yelling at the person on the radio.
    Sometimes it's too "party line" and contrived. But, by listening to both sides i am "hoping" to hear both sides.

I will say this... LOWER the tax rates!!!!! The feds get way too much as it is.
    My wife owns a very small business.
    We pay quarterly taxes and then file jointly together at end of year. No, i don't need tax advise. I just want to say that the Feds get MORE than their fair share of our money. Tired of paying EVERY April too!!!!!
    Rant/Over

Like Herman Caine's (spelling???) idea of 9/9/9.
    Interesting...
    After all is said and done, More is said than done.