Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Top 12 Reasons to vote Democrat

When your family or friends cannot explain why they voted Democrat, give them this list. They can then pick a reason from this "TOP 12"

1. I voted Democrat because I believe
    oil companies' profits of 4% on a
    gallon of gas are obscene, but the
    government taxing the same gallon of
    gas at 15% isn't.

2. I voted Democrat because I believe
    the government will do a better job of
    spending the money I earn than I
    would.

3. I voted
    Democrat because Freedom of
    Speech is fine as long as nobody is
    offended by it.

4. I voted Democrat because I'm way
    too irresponsible to own a gun, and I
    know that my local police are all I
    need to protect me from murderers and
    thieves.

5. I voted Democrat because I believe
    that people who can't tell us if it
    will rain on Friday can tell us that
    the polar ice caps will melt away in
    ten years if I don't start driving a
    Prius.

6. I voted Democrat because I'm not
    concerned about millions of babies
    being aborted so long as we keep all
    death row inmates alive.

7. I voted Democrat because I think
    illegal aliens have a right to free
    health care, education, and Social
    Security benefits.

8. I voted Democrat because I believe
    that business should not be allowed to
    make profits for themselves. They need
    to break even and give the rest away
    to the government for redistribution
    as the Democrats see fit.

9. I voted Democrat because I believe
    liberal judges need to rewrite the
    Constitution every few days to suit
    some fringe kooks who would never get
    their agendas past the voters.

10. I voted Democrat because I think
    that it's better to pay billions to
    people who hate us for their oil, but
    not drill our own because it might
    upset some endangered beetle, gopher or
    fish.

11. I voted Democrat because while we
    live in the greatest, most wonderful
    country in the world, I was promised
    "HOPE AND CHANGE".

12. I voted Democrat because my head
    is so firmly planted up my ass, it's
    unlikely that I'll ever have another
    point of view.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Top 12 Reasons to vote Democrat

#12 is true of both parties.

reasons to vote independent
    #1 I think for myself.
    #2 Repubs and Dems both suck.

Nuff said

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Nice!! Haha thank god we have non of those here. Oh wait, I'm on the wrong forum again, but I will copy this over to my "conservative independent tech" friends. LoL
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into 2 great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution"

John Adams - 1789

Thumbs up Re: Top 12 Reasons to vote Democrat

very good charm5496

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

I have a question... #6 talks about abortion...lets see if I understand...abortion is bad, so we should stop it because it is killing babies... but when the baby is born, we do not want the child the have health care, because that would make Jesus sad. I am not sure I understand why Jesus wants the babies to be born and then suffer with no health care. Also does this love of babies only apply to white babies??? I mean when you look at the stats, we as a country have killed a lot of unarmed people. Seems to me if the right wing really valued life, they would be the biggest anti war protestors. Unknown*News | Helen & Harry's cranky weblog of news and opinion | unknownnews@inbox.com

Yep, you got me on #3 also because I HAVE NEVER seen someone on the right on Fox news whining about something someone said. Just like I HAVE NEVER seen a teabagger trying to shout someone down at a town hall meeting or public rally to keep them from expressing their ideas or exercising their freedom of speech.

Yep #4 is a slam dunk for you also... after you take away everyone I know and work with and am related to, I don't know any non right wingers who own guns. Since we are the weak ones in society we should be easy targets... So come get some!

I noticed like a good teabagger, you put the oil companies first, good for you. I am sorry but I have a brain and I was taught a long time ago that nobody in business works for a 4% turnover. Amazing how they make more profit than any other business in the America's with that tiny margin. I have no problem paying my gas tax as it is what is paving my roads. Where do you get the 15% number from? In my state the tax is a set amount per gallon that is clearly posted on the pump. The amount does not change. I think you guys are getting screwed if you are paying a percentage.

Here is something for you to ponder...http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/was...to-win-in-2012
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post

I noticed like a good teabagger, you put the oil companies first, good for you. I am sorry but I have a brain and I was taught a long time ago that nobody in business works for a 4% turnover. Amazing how they make more profit than any other business in the America's with that tiny margin. I have no problem paying my gas tax as it is what is paving my roads. Where do you get the 15% number from? In my state the tax is a set amount per gallon that is clearly posted on the pump. The amount does not change. I think you guys are getting screwed if you are paying a percentage.
    Oil companies only do oil that goes in your car or the gas in your tank right?
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRodgers View Post
    Oil companies only do oil that goes in your car or the gas in your tank right?

Yes, you are correct. Please explain why teabaggers, even though oil companies paid no taxes, the republicans voted again to give them billions in tax subsidies, which amounts to a GOVERNMENT HANDOUT of our money, still cry that the oil companies do not make enough money. I do not understand how if the oil companies make more profit than any other company in America and DO NOT PAY TAXES, that a certain part of society feels sorry for them. I just do not get it. What is wrong with making the profit they make and paying taxes on it like everyone else. I believe that on one of these threads I pointed out that the rich liberals were saying their taxes were too low and should be raised and someone responded that if they wanted to pay more, they could go ahead and send it in and pay more. Well the same thing goes for you right wingers, if you feel the oil companies are not making enough profit, then no one is stopping you from sending them money. Go ahead, write them a check. I do not know how things are working in your states, but here the roads are being repaved and widened and new roads are being built with gas tax money. If any of you think that if we gave this tax money back to the oil companies that they would pave your roads or lower the price of gas, well you are wrong.. This is jobs for thousands and improvements to my community. Good roads and highways attract industry and jobs. I almost never encounter a pot hole in the road as they are very well kept.

The right wing seems to regard the oil executives as some kind of gods to be worshiped. Some of you seem to think that if we do away with all those pesky environmental regs that the oil companies will pull so much oil out of the ground that the price will fall dramatically, not realizing that oil is sold on the world market and demand from China and India is driving the price. Ther is this mentality that believes that if we give the oil companies more, they will lower the price of gas. Lets see, from a business standpoint that does not make sense. Why would any company that works for profit want to do more to make the same amount of profit? If they were willing to lower their profit for America, they would start by not accepting the government handout and then they could start paying taxes. If any of you care to see how these respectable oil giants operate with out regulations, here are two examples to get you started. Spoiler alert... as expected when they are not forced to, they do not give a shit and that is a key point of right wing politics is to let the oil companies do what they want. UN: Widespread oil damage found in Nigeria delta - Africa, World - The Independent , and Do Oil spills in Africa not matter? « « MyWeku.com MyWeku.com

One of the arguments that the right wing uses is that the mean old left will not let the oil companies drill in the gulf, to which I respond, WTF, do you guys own a computer? Gulf of Mexico Oil Rigs « The Swordpress

I wonder how many oil wells were left incomplete or abandoned???...Abandoned oil wells make Gulf of Mexico 'environmental minefield' | Business | The Guardian
    For those of you who did not click the link, here is part of it

While the explosion and subsequent sinking of the Deepwater Horizon rig has thrown the spotlight sharply on BP's activities in the Gulf of Mexico, environmental safety in the area has been neglected for decades.

There are more than 27,000 abandoned wells in the Gulf of Mexico, according to AP, of which 600 belonged to BP.
    The oldest of these abandoned wells dates back to the late 1940s and the investigation highlights concerns about the way in which some of them have been plugged, especially the 3,500 neglected wells that are cataloged by the government as "temporarily abandoned". The rules for shutting off temporarily closed wells are not as strict as for completely abandoned wells.

Regulations for temporarily abandoned wells require oil companies to present plans to reuse or permanently plug such wells within a year, but AP found that the rule is routinely circumvented, and that more than 1,000 wells have lingered in that unfinished condition for more than a decade. About three-quarters of temporarily abandoned wells have been left in that status for more than a year, and many since the 1950s and 1960s.
    AP quotes state officials as estimating that tens of thousands are badly sealed, either because they predate strict regulation or because the operating companies violated rules. Texas alone has plugged more than 21,000 abandoned wells to control pollution, according to the state comptroller's office. In state-controlled waters off the coast of California, many abandoned wells have had to be resealed. But in deeper federal waters, AP points out, there is very little investigation into the state of abandoned wells. I am guessing when these start leaking, it will not be because they were poorly maintained and there were no government regulations to force them to take good care of the old capped wells, it will be because the evil left bought a submarine and sabotaged the capped wells to make the oil companies look bad. And when they start leaking, who has to pay? I know who will get to pay... the taxpayers. Offshore Oil companies Still Shielded | LA Progressive

If the right wing wants to lose that stereotype of a bunch who wants to rape the environment to make oil companies rich, they should do something with their mouthpieces when they start talking crazy. Here is an example of one such person who seems to be on a mission to kill a national park even after being told there is nothing worth getting under it. Dim Michele Bachmann Wants To Drill Everglades For Oil That Isn’t There
    Isn't it funny how the far right tea party members in Florida want the environment in their back yard protected. Perhaps they understand a little more how people do not want the environment raped for profit, especially if it is the one they live in.

A FACT of oil is that America consumes 75% of the world supply, but we only have 25% under our boarders. To any one who can do math, this means that if we stay the course we will always be dependent on countries that hate us for our oil. Things we can do to prevent this are drive smaller cars and find other sources of energy. Of course these two things are so anti American, at least that is what we are led to believe by the propaganda. It is a persons God given right to drive a giant SUV, that gets horrible gas mileage, just to pick their kids up from school and go to Wal Mart, and when they can no longer afford to pay $120 a week for a fill up, they can blame the government. It is the governments fault that I can not drive my Nissan Armada around town and impress everyone with my status symbol. When I was a child, people who drove giant trucks because they used them for work, now it is a status symbol. This is America and you can drive anything you want, but quit whining that you can not afford it. No body made you buy that new Camero or Charger, you could have bought a Civic.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Yes, you are correct. Please explain why teabaggers, even though oil companies paid no taxes, the republicans voted again to give them billions in tax subsidies, which amounts to a GOVERNMENT HANDOUT of our money, still cry that the oil companies do not make enough money. I do not understand how if the oil companies make more profit than any other company in America and DO NOT PAY TAXES,
    Exxon's 2007 Tax Bill: $30 Billion - Seeking Alpha

Now is this an example of what we can expect from "green jobs" companies? You know the ones that have to have 500 million tax money startup and then ask for another 700 million in tax dollars and then fold unexpectedly leaving 1100 people out of work?

Solyndra says it did not have to warn its workers
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker