Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: You know you are a tech because...

You see photocopiers in Xbox360 games. Left4Dead 2 has several Adonises in one level. I take great delight in emptying an Uzi's clip into them. Shame it isn't real.

TV programmes also. The Top Gear with Clarkson and the little blue car, the Peel P50. Around the 7-minute mark there's a Russian-C4 with an SR790 about to be squished. Cracking telly.

It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

You know you are a tech because...You can repair the machine in simple or odd trouble, even though it is man made or natural cause and most of all a satisfied costumer.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar

... you've used the thermal fuse from a copier to replace the one in your dryer. (twice - 2 different dryers)

... you've used a microswitch from a copier to replace the door switch on your dishwasher.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

I did make wind chimes out of little HP drums. Cut em at differant lengths and at angle. Guess Im in

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Metalvoc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock View Post
    ... you've used the thermal fuse from a copier to replace the one in your dryer. (twice - 2 different dryers)
    Just did that last week!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts copyman20's Avatar

you can eat cheese burger, hold the drink and shift gears with one hand, email with your blackberry in the other hand, and drive with your knees going 65 down the freeway.

only to find out when you walk in the customers office that you have a mustard/mayo/ketchup stain on your tie and shirt because the flipper at Mc D know that you would be five mile from the restaurnt before you discovered that they gave you a regular hamburger with extra mayo, extra mustard, and extra ketchup!

maybe wrong thread?

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

You know when your a Tech when you are washing the dishes and you start to polish dry the glass top lid on the pots and pans to allow better light conductivity....

Neo
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman20 View Post
    you can eat cheese burger, hold the drink and shift gears with one hand, email with your blackberry in the other hand, and drive with your knees going 65 down the freeway.

only to find out when you walk in the customers office that you have a mustard/mayo/ketchup stain on your tie and shirt because the flipper at Mc D know that you would be five mile from the restaurnt before you discovered that they gave you a regular hamburger with extra mayo, extra mustard, and extra ketchup!

maybe wrong thread?

You see, I keep telling people that back in the 80's, I learned to steer a car with my knees so I could free up both hands to roll a, I mean to hold my burger and drink.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    You know you are a tech because...

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    You see photocopiers in Xbox360 games. Left4Dead 2 has several Adonises in one level. I take great delight in emptying an Uzi's clip into them. Shame it isn't real.

TV programmes also. The Top Gear with Clarkson and the little blue car, the Peel P50. Around the 7-minute mark there's a Russian-C4 with an SR790 about to be squished. Cracking telly.

I don't know if you noticed but there's some HP 42xx/43xx series printers in it too. Of course, he drives by it so fast I couldn't see which one.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    You know you are a tech because...

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    You see, I keep telling people that back in the 80's, I learned to steer a car with my knees so I could free up both hands to roll a, I mean to hold my burger and drink.
    Man you know, I've never met a tech that couldn't drive with their knees. Reminds me of a story:

I made myself a tomato & mayo sandwich (tomato fresh out of the garden, it was awesome BTW) one day and was driving to a call. A cop pulled in behind me out of nowhere and that sandwich slid across the top of my dashboard like a water skier in chop and ended up in the passenger window. Cop passed me laughing his head off. My dash shone like a mirror for almost a month. I wonder mayo polishes anything else good like that? Hmmm...
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".