Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

9/11 10th Anniversary

I'm watching the 10th Anniversary documentary on the History channel and it still burns through me.

How can a civilised world still produce an act of such uncontrolled savagery.

Our thoughts are with you, the thousands of people who died that day, may you live forever in a better place, free from pain and suffering.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Re: 9/11 10th Anniversary

Living in NY and near the City I did not have to read or watch the news, I saw it with my eyes and to this day hear it from the mouths of the people who lived through it.

what nobody ever shows on the news is the many Muslims celebrating in the streets after this happened, these scum bags are living in our Country and they celebrated after this attack, I would have round them all up and executed the MF'ers.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    9/11 10th Anniversary

My truly sympathetic to the victims and families of terrorist attacks.
    R.I.P

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

On that day, another tech had one of those hand held tv sets and was watching it live. I walked up just in time to watch the second plane hit. I was kind of stunned and did not know what to think. I left and got in my truck and drove to base. I went to my first call, it was at a 3rd Special Forces Group building. I was fixing the copier while a sergeant was looking at his computer. Just as I was finishing the copier, he looked at me and said "we are on lock down." I ask what that meant and he said "no one leaves or comes in". "Oh hell I said, it is going to rain and I have a copier from the Golden Knights in the back of an open bed pick up. He said"your loss, I got plenty of beer, but take off and get to the door before me and get out of here".I left and delivered the other copier. Up to that day the base was open to the public, you could enter from anywhere and drive unchecked anywhere. The next day, the base was shut down, closed to the public. Every highway to it was a parking lot for as long as 10 miles while they began searching everyone.

My heart goes out to all especially the first responders.
    Last edited by fixthecopier; 09-11-2011 at 11:00 PM.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking