Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: I am not sure...??

Quote Originally Posted by mmru4real View Post
    I always say the higher the degree, the stupider they are and life is hard, bit it's harder when your stupid.

I had heard that somewhere.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    I am not sure...??

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I had heard that somewhere.
    You're being too kind; I recognized when it was posted that it has been your signature for quite awhile.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

WOETC

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Snakes fascinate me although I would never go near or touch one.

Australia does have the Fierce Snake or Inland Taipan which has the most toxic venom but hardly ever comes into contact with people and apparently there's been no human fatalities recorded. India has the four most dangerous snakes as far as people are concerned and these are the Indian cobra, Common Krait, Russels viper and Saw scaled viper.

In Australia do you come into contact with snakes often, in England we only have one and I have only seen it in a zoo.
    Australia has a really good selection of snakes to not go near or touch. The Indian Cobra is a bit of a pussy venom wise, but it does make the top 10. The other 9 are Australian. They are not common in the cities though there are a few. The most dangerous is probably the Brown snake because it is big with lots of venom, I had a problem once with an 8 footer in a copier cassette. That was way out in the outback. The most agressive is the Taipan, I had to remove one from a Doc Feeder in the middle of suburbia. But otherwise I have probably seen less than 100. Drivers are a bloody sight more dangerous.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Inland Taipan which has the most toxic venom but hardly ever comes into contact with people and apparently there's been no human fatalities recorded.
    Tangentially related; the only plane allowed to continue its flight on 9-11 was carrying Taipan antivenin from San Diego to Miami.