Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    AOL advises people to buy remanufactured toner

Re: AOL advises people to buy remanufactured toner

I'm not saying I'm completely against refurbished toner cartridges, but there are so many junk dealers out there and if you don't know what you're about you can end up with a damaged printer. Very few remanufacturers put out a quality product. Anytime corners get cut it's not good. I do understand the cost savings, though. Paying $88 for a reman when the OEM sells for $250 is almost too hard to resist. Lately the OEM's have been having issues with theirs. If you think they don't remanufacture, think again. They just don't like it when someone else makes money instead of them.

I would never reman ink cartridges. That never has a happy ending.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    AOL advises people to buy remanufactured toner

People still use or visit AOL???
    The company uses AOL instant messenger. In the AM it gives you news articles. Mostly originating from Huffington Post. Some of my buddies here know my AOL IM address. Makes some answers to questions faster than the forum, but we almost always post it back to help people out (unless they're asking me if I have a part available or the price).
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

I can turn a screw... 250+ Posts pacman's Avatar

There are some items we will use remans (like for some Panafaxes) but everything else is always OEM. We don't even use generics.