Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: What phone platform do you use?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Android

27 48.21%
  • Apple

11 19.64%
  • Blackberry

10 17.86%
  • The one that works / Don't care

8 14.29%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Any phone / gadget junkies here?

Iphone 4s

ace bit of kit

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    So...no one here has the Iphone? I have only one co-worker that has the Galaxy S II (Android) and 5 co-workers + 3 family members that have the Iphone. I would like to hear the opinion of someone who has or had both.
    My fiance has an iPhone 4, she loves it, I mess around with it from time to time. They are both good phones, but its all about what you want to do with your phone. The android can be rooted and custom roms can be loaded fairly easily, this alows you to taylor your phone to fit you, and alot of the rom's come out with updates so your not stuck on the same rom forever, and you can change them back and forth. The iphone can be jailbroken, not sure about the iphone 4s yet, but if you want to keep your software current when you update you lose your jailbreak and have to wait for someone to figure out a new work around, some take a few days some take much longer. Basically what I am getting at is if you want a good phone that you can play around with and customize to fit your needs go with an android. If thats not something you care about or want to do then I would say go with the iphone. They are both great phoens its just a matter of what you want to do with them.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Any phone / gadget junkies here?

Well I went and got the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G (you think they'd make this shorter) phone. I like it. Battery life is OK. I does not run down unless I use it continually. The Pre ran down whether I used it or not. It is more PC than phone. Most things I like better than my Pre. The I phone is more like a mac. So if you have to decide Galaxy or I phone, the answer should be close to answering, PC or Mac? Mac makes a better overall product, but Androids are more customizable.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Is there a great difference between 3G and 4G?

Hans

Honestly, I haven't tried it yet. It is so much faster than my old phone, I haven't noticed any slowness. I watched a movie on it the other night. That was awesome. No hesitation or breaking up at all. I've heard that it wipes out battery pretty fast. I guess that is why I haven't tried it yet. Then again I've been so busy I've only just got voicemail set up. I'll try it tonite and let you know. I'm still getting used to the keypad. It is super sensitive, but there is what they call swype. you just drag your finger over the letters without picking up your finger. If you're a bad speller it will not improve your writing skills. ;-)
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post

Hans
    Yep - cost.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Anybody else just make calls on their phones?

I used it this weekend. I was watching a movie and I was sitting in an area that doesn't have the best signal (or I ran out of battery, not sure what did it), so it locked up in the middle of the movie. I switched to 4G and watched the movie without further mishap. Other than that I didn't see too much difference. I had it plugged in the whole time so I didn't run down the battery.

Until I got a smart phone I didn't see the point in it. I just wanted a touchscreen phone at the time and Sprint sales associate talked me into the Palm Pre. Don't know what I ever did without it. I think I Google, text, and email more than anything. It is really great to have an answer to a question when I have it, not try to remember the question later when I get in front of a PC. I still use it in addition to my Samsung. But, I'm moving into the world of entrepreneurs, by starting my own business. So, Samsung Galaxy S II will be my work phone and I needed something more up to date, since there is no future for the Pre now. Can't give up my Pre for some reason, though.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

just got my 1st android...an HTC wildfire...i love it....was siotting in town on saturday...watching people rushing round shopping.....thought i cant be bothered with that...sat down & had a coffee & started shopping on my phone....less hassle...lol
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gwaddle View Post
    That seems to be unfashionable these days.
    Have you noticed that if ten work colleagues are in a room together taking a break, three quarters of them get their phone out. At the best one might make a useless phone call, the others texting or quite happily reading impossibly small text on a internet site. Someone else enjoying a movie on a 3"x2" screen.

I am not a phone junkie...
    Last edited by skynet; 01-08-2012 at 09:02 PM.