Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar

Re: Can I use this paper?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Sandberg View Post
    Had a teacher at local grade school put a iron on transfers thru a HP CLJ 4550 printer.
    When that one did not come out she tried another.....

Four iron on transfers were wrapped around the fuser roller.
    I was able to cut them off and save the fuser.

And she teaches out children.

Rob S
    In her defense, how many of us in the field can still do long division?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar

Hey I could be happy if our salesmen would explain to people that the bypass won't run eveerything in creaton. I would not be surprised to find a customer trying to run dry wall through one.

"My salesman said it would!"
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar

I had a call at a school, trying to run transparancies through a KM2050 and the machine won't work now. I look at the fuser and see a blob of clear plastic melted on it (I'm sure it was two transparancies that were melted together). I tried to remove the blob for about 10 seconds before I decided to replace the fuser. And getting that out was not fun.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Can I use this paper?

Quote Originally Posted by Zackuth View Post
    I had a call at a school, trying to run transparencies through a KM2050 and the machine won't work now. I look at the fuser and see a blob of clear plastic melted on it (I'm sure it was two transparencies that were melted together). I tried to remove the blob for about 10 seconds before I decided to replace the fuser. And getting that out was not fun.
    This is way off-topic, but why not?
    Your post brings to mind a particular NP6650II that I had just rebuilt the fuser. While I was cleaning the thermistor I must have helped it disintegrate that last little bit. When I powered up that fuser with it's pretty new rollers and claws just melted down, permanently welding the two rollers together.

Anybody remember this model? After you powered off the main switch the main motor would run about 5 seconds, then power down the machine. If I had been smart, I would have removed the fuser before I hit the switch, errors be damned.

So when I flipped off the switch there was the terrible crunching sound of three fuser drive gears vainly try to rotate a seized fuser. I had spare rollers and thermistor and claws, but no gears ... crap! I knew it was going to do that too. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Can I use this paper?

Well this is embarrassing!

I thought that a knew a lot about paper. Not even close! When I made up this document 6 years ago I had 70 paper descriptions. Yesterday I upped that to 250 paper size descriptions. I admit that many of them won't fit through you average MFP, but you wide format guys can run most of them.

I was surprised to see that ISO B series is entirely different than JIS B series (Japanese paper standards), and the ISO C standard is entirely envelopes. You'll also see that the same name can describe several actual paper measurements. You Brits aren't real specific about paper size. I found Demy with three different size descriptions and Foolscap with 6 different descriptions. Are you using the ISO A, B, C standards yet?

I'm sure there are plenty of mistakes in there to catch, so feel free to point out corrections. You know your regional paper sizes better than I do.

Anyway here's the new document. The file is zipped to get it uploaded to the post:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Can I use this paper?

Thanks, BC. I can see you invested a lot of time creating this, and thanks for sharing.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Can I use this paper?

I suppose that I should have known that information off the web can be iffy. A discouraging 1/2 of the previous doc was unclear or just wrong. The latest doc is checked against three separate websites.

I'm not sure that it serves any actual purpose, but once started I had to finish it. At least, when somebody hands you that odd sized piece of paper you can say: "Oh yeah, that's Middle." and maybe sound like you know what you're doing. =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    This is way off-topic, but why not?
    Your post brings to mind a particular NP6650II that I had just rebuilt the fuser. While I was cleaning the thermistor I must have helped it disintegrate that last little bit. When I powered up that fuser with it's pretty new rollers and claws just melted down, permanently welding the two rollers together.

Anybody remember this model? After you powered off the main switch the main motor would run about 5 seconds, then power down the machine. If I had been smart, I would have removed the fuser before I hit the switch, errors be damned.

So when I flipped off the switch there was the terrible crunching sound of three fuser drive gears vainly try to rotate a seized fuser. I had spare rollers and thermistor and claws, but no gears ... crap! I knew it was going to do that too. =^..^=
    Sure do, had a regional government office with these and remanned 6650's, they were suddenly mandated in 1999 to run duplex and 30% post consumer recycled paper. Guess how well that went during a humid and hot summer, finally the cust rep had to get involved as there was no way these machines could handle all the paper curling. Joys of government office politics!