Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Re: CRICKET

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    ponting should open
    Ponting found wanting

defenetly not an opener

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

I reckon he could stand in front of the stumps and blunt the attack for awhile then get lbw

He does not deserve this
    ponting one of the games greatest batsmen,past his prime

should bale out gracefully

I,m serious, he would do ok

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

This description sounds like something completely different to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Oh dear, Fixthecopier, if you want drag yourself out of your cultural isolation and join the rest of the civilised world in the appreciation of the greatest game ever played I suggest you aquaint yourself with some of the rules. Here is some to start with.

Cricket: As explained to a foreigner...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out. When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Next week, a comprehensive explanation of the Leg Before Wicket rule in under 5000 words and a pictorial history of the greatest catches taken by a Silly Mid-On

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    CRICKET

Oh dear, Fixthecopier, if you want drag yourself out of your cultural isolation and join the rest of the civilised world in the appreciation of the greatest game ever played I suggest you aquaint yourself with some of the rules. Here is some to start with.
    Why should Fixthecopier, drag himself out of his "cultural isolation" its his prerogative and mine also. For the record I don't like Cricket, its probably the most boring, tedious, dragged out game ever invented. As for the 16th Century English, afternoon tea and cake munching aristocrats that invented the game, it puzzles me after inventing such a boring game why should they decide some games last five days?

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Cricket: As explained to a foreigner...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out. When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Next week, a comprehensive explanation of the Leg Before Wicket rule in under 5000 words and a pictorial history of the greatest catches taken by a Silly Mid-On

No offense to a game that you all love, but I have a short attention span, and I have heard that cricket is a little more exciting than watching grass grow. I have very little patience for watching sports on tv. NASCAR is just driving in a circle, and I can watch all the crashes and highlights in 3 minutes on the news. American baseball is a real bore. Your football is worse than our Baseball, and our football is maybe worth watching 1 out of every 10 or 12 games. I just never got into spending hours watching rich men play games on tv. And when I worked in a factory and had to listen to grown men spend all day on Monday talking about what they had seen and the rest of the week trying to predict what will happen next week, ugg, drives me nuts. Now there are movies that I saw once, a long time ago, that I could tell you about if you ask. But if I were to ask a fan about a random sports match up that happened a year ago , odds are he can't remember anything, or only a minute or two of some highlight if it was some historic game. And yet some folks will spend 30 to 40 hours a week watching games that other people play. More power to you and much love from me if you are doing what you like. ....And by the way, I meant what I said, those things are a bitch to get out of your house once they get in....Oh yes, I will admit there is one sport that catches my eye and draws me in, and that is woman's beach volleyball, I don't know why, wait, yes I do, never mind.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

I'm glad I didnt go to the Gabba now, I thought the Kiwis would have put up a better fight then that. C'mon Kiwis, you can do better then that!
    Hi

in the end you missed a hamdinger,with cricket you never know

cricket is like a box of chocolat

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    No offense to a game that you all love, but I have a short attention span, and I have heard that cricket is a little more exciting than watching grass grow. I have very little patience for watching sports on tv. NASCAR is just driving in a circle, and I can watch all the crashes and highlights in 3 minutes on the news. American baseball is a real bore. Your football is worse than our Baseball, and our football is maybe worth watching 1 out of every 10 or 12 games. I just never got into spending hours watching rich men play games on tv. And when I worked in a factory and had to listen to grown men spend all day on Monday talking about what they had seen and the rest of the week trying to predict what will happen next week, ugg, drives me nuts. Now there are movies that I saw once, a long time ago, that I could tell you about if you ask. But if I were to ask a fan about a random sports match up that happened a year ago , odds are he can't remember anything, or only a minute or two of some highlight if it was some historic game. And yet some folks will spend 30 to 40 hours a week watching games that other people play. More power to you and much love from me if you are doing what you like. ....And by the way, I meant what I said, those things are a bitch to get out of your house once they get in....Oh yes, I will admit there is one sport that catches my eye and draws me in, and that is woman's beach volleyball, I don't know why, wait, yes I do, never mind.
    Hi Fixthecopier

do you still dont get it?

what better exquse to drink beeer for 5 days

its the only game where you can fall asleep and not not miss anything