Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: How to get back at sales reps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This would work better if you got your boss to go along with it as a joke. Make a fake letter from management, that states something like... "in an effort to stop the techs from talking bad about the company, we have decided that the salesman will split the sales comission with the tech that works that area. We believe it will even out with an increase in sales leads from the techs." Add some filler and make it look official, then film him as he knocks people over when he runs to the bosses office, letter in hand.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    How to get back at sales reps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do a prank call. Pretend you are a client (a big money making one), call him up, keep it on speaker phone in a room with you and other techs. You are in a board meeting or conference. Tell them you want them to personally come out and fix the problem your machine is having. Try not to laugh.

"No, I want you to come fix it! You sold us this piece of crap, you come out and fix it, personally. You told us it would copy in color, it's only black and white..."
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Senior Tech 100+ Posts excanonguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nmfaxman View Post
    Throw some copies of staples or paperclips back in the drawers.
    Works best when they have a demo.
    Or screws...I remember doing this to some new techs on their first training coarse yrs ago !!

Supervisor 50+ Posts Itsthepaper's Avatar

I made an award certificate with the name of the sales weasel that I targeted, I wrote Best Sales performance BLAH BLAH. I wrote a fake congratulations letter, put it in an envelope tried to make it as official as possible. Put it in thier mail inbox and let them walk all over the office thinking they are the AWESOME. I still LMAO every time I think of that April Fool's joke, you'll enjoy months of humor. GOOD TIMES GOOD TIMES!!
    Love the Job Love the Work.

Supervisor 50+ Posts Itsthepaper's Avatar

Oh I forgot to mention he framed it and hung the certificate his cubical. LMAO!!!!
    Love the Job Love the Work.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

When the cadet salesman gets all excited over his first sale ask him if his mother really want to buy that printer.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

certified scrub 500+ Posts

I used to think that way, sales are full of ####### [use your imagination]. When there are overwhelming amount of machines going out, you'd want to hate them for being uneducated.

But when the economy is slow, there are still machines going out, no lay offs, pay cheque didnt bounce, you gotta thank those a55 h0l3s.

Back on topic: I'd tell clients to contact the sales if any of option is missing and suggest that they be assertive about it. (wouldnt go far enough to say harrase, but definitely imply it, but this was at telco which was real bad)
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts excanonguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Itsthepaper View Post
    I made an award certificate with the name of the sales weasel that I targeted, I wrote Best Sales performance BLAH BLAH. I wrote a fake congratulations letter, put it in an envelope tried to make it as official as possible. Put it in thier mail inbox and let them walk all over the office thinking they are the AWESOME. I still LMAO every time I think of that April Fool's joke, you'll enjoy months of humor. GOOD TIMES GOOD TIMES!!

LMAO !!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts coolbeer's Avatar

When the customer asks how old the (new) machine is they have just purchased, I always find a resonable pause is just long enough for sweat to appear on the salesmans brow !