Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Normal intelligent people become complete idiots when the “Add Toner Message “ ap

My Physics professor in college, Mr Vu (yes, and we called his homework Vu-do), used to have a saying about common sense.

Picture a small Vietnamese man about 4' 5" (maybe) with a beard (kind of like the master on Kung-fu who talked with "grasshopper" all the time). Now that you have that image in mind, picture a guy fresh out of high school in amongst a class that composed of 75% middle aged ex-military types and students over 30 and the rest were young like himself. The said student came to class late and then had the gall to ask for a pencil since he had apparently lost it.

Mr. Vu told him, "I help you. I tell you what you need to pass this class. Go to Kroger (supermarket chain), go to cereal aisle, and buy a box of Common Sense (Common Sense Oat Bran cereal), because you have no common sense."

Of course, the class broke up laughing. But he made his point and the rest of us (I'm sure I'm not the only one) have been repeating this to people ever since. He was my favorite professor and my favorite teacher of all time.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Normal intelligent people become complete idiots when the “Add Toner Message “ ap

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie1981 View Post
    I could be a copier shaman! Next time a customer asks me "What's wrong with it" as I walk through the door or "How long is it going to be" I will fix them with an intense gaze, shout "I SHALL CONSULT THE BONES" and throw a mixture of copier parts on the floor and give them a "reading".....
    I had one like that yesterday. As soon as I walked in they asked "How long will it take?" I said, " I'm already done" to which they replied "What? You just got here." I said "Exactly"

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar

I went on a job yesterday, copier jamming. Entered the room and the person in there said she'd left the paper jammed up for me to see. Great!!! I'm thinking as she left the room. I looked at the machine and found it ready to copy--no jams!!! I printed the jam report and found some through the finisher. Ok, let's sent things there. Single sided, double sided, different sized paper, no jams. Ok, let's see about staple/hole punch, It jams!!! As I'm looking I see a shaft with a spring and a pin, nothing else. Aha--something is missing. Just as I figure this out, another lady enters the room and asks "Did she show you the part that fell off?" She went to get the part, and came back and said "She might have thrown it away---yesterday". Well, I did get the part and put it back on the machine, and the person who had the part, I found out as I was leaving, was the same who called in the problem AND the same one I first met when I entered the room. ??????? Why would you not let the tech know a part fell off the machine and why would you even think about throwing a part away that fell off a machine??

mjarbar

Quote Originally Posted by Zackuth View Post
    I went on a job yesterday, copier jamming. Entered the room and the person in there said she'd left the paper jammed up for me to see. Great!!! I'm thinking as she left the room. I looked at the machine and found it ready to copy--no jams!!! I printed the jam report and found some through the finisher. Ok, let's sent things there. Single sided, double sided, different sized paper, no jams. Ok, let's see about staple/hole punch, It jams!!! As I'm looking I see a shaft with a spring and a pin, nothing else. Aha--something is missing. Just as I figure this out, another lady enters the room and asks "Did she show you the part that fell off?" She went to get the part, and came back and said "She might have thrown it away---yesterday". Well, I did get the part and put it back on the machine, and the person who had the part, I found out as I was leaving, was the same who called in the problem AND the same one I first met when I entered the room. ??????? Why would you not let the tech know a part fell off the machine and why would you even think about throwing a part away that fell off a machine??
    Reminds me of the idiots who keep throwing the stapler cartridges away and then wondering why the refills don't fit in the finisher!!!

I can turn a screw... 250+ Posts pacman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie1981 View Post
    Hahaha, that reminds me....

Is it just me or is taking out the toner bottle and shaking it considered to be the magic ritual to cure most copy quality issues? I blame laser printers with all-in-one cartridges as it's now taken on an almost religious significance with some of our less bright customers.

You go out to a machine and from a sample you can see there's mark on the copy from a worn fuser roller, the customer pipes up earnestly "We tried shaking the toner but it won't go away"

It's too temping to reply "Ahhh but you didn't offer a blood sacrifice to Scorotron, God of Reprographics!! Hence your magiks are useless!!"

I could be a copier shaman! Next time a customer asks me "What's wrong with it" as I walk through the door or "How long is it going to be" I will fix them with an intense gaze, shout "I SHALL CONSULT THE BONES" and throw a mixture of copier parts on the floor and give them a "reading".....

....but I think I'd be fired.
    Oh dear LORD, I think I just peed my pants a little. That was AWESOME!