Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank You

Thank You

Well, the time has come for me to set my screwdriver down and move on to another chapter of my career. After 16 years in the industry I'm going to help my boyfriend run his tool and die shop on the administrative side.
    I just wanted to say thank you again to everyone who gave me knowledge, made me think, and made me laugh with their posts and comments!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

Re: Thank You

Good luck to you

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts TennWalker's Avatar

Good luck in your new endeavor!

Merry Christmas!
    I thought I was getting wiser as time went on... I now realize I am just getting older.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Thank You

You only think you're moving on. You'll be back.

Many of us have tried doing other things. It's hard to go to the same place every day, all day, and do the same thing all day. As a tech you get an uncommon level of independence, travel, and variety, maybe too much variety these days. What other job includes in-depth knowledge of setup, delivery, installation, service, firmware, software, networking, scanning, and on and on and on... ?

I know you'll be great at whatever you do. But when you're ready for the challenge again (read: insanity) we'll still be here.
    Stay in touch. Good Luck! =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    You only think you're moving on. You'll be back.

Many of us have tried doing other things. It's hard to go to the same place every day, all day, and do the same thing all day. As a tech you get an uncommon level of independence, travel, and variety, maybe too much variety these days. What other job includes in-depth knowledge of setup, delivery, installation, service, firmware, software, networking, scanning, and on and on and on... ?

I know you'll be great at whatever you do. But when you're ready for the challenge again (read: insanity) we'll still be here.
    Stay in touch. Good Luck! =^..^=

"Just when I thought I was out, they dragged me back in."

Good Luck
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Copychick View Post
    Well, the time has come for me to set my screwdriver down and move on to another chapter of my career. After 16 years in the industry I'm going to help my boyfriend run his tool and die shop on the administrative side.
    I just wanted to say thank you again to everyone who gave me knowledge, made me think, and made me laugh with their posts and comments!

Copychick best of luck do your thing and never look back.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Thank You

"Just when I thought I was out, they dragged me back in."
    Same thing happened to me. I was out for a year. I went into sales, hated it, ended up going right back in. You can pick-up the occasional freelance job fixing people's machines. That way you keep your skills up, make some extra pocket money, and you're not leaving completely.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar

Can't imagine going from being in a different office every day to being stuck in the same place with the same people and the same conversations about the same things again and again and again ...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar

Well, at least she wont be dealing with a smart mouthed copier tech, she could fix most problems herself,

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

After 10 years, I thought I was out also...took a chance with catastrophic adjusting (hurricanes, flood, etc) made 60K in 2 months back in 06. My old boss was calling me daily with "How do I do this" questions. Work dried up so thought I'd better get a job again. Applied with a competitor and when they checked my referances, my old boss was begging for me to come back...worked out well, for once in my life I was on the right side of the table and able to negotiate for what I wanted. (probably wouldn't have left in the 1st place if they had at least made an offer). Emujo