Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    mjarbar

Re: Horrendous Drivers - Please post what you hate the most about them!

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    try a cat instead (wear safety glasses)
    Why does that sound like personal experience???

What scares me the most though are the drivers who have kids in the back of the car and let them just clamber about and fidget, if they got rear ended I dread to think what would happen.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Horrendous Drivers - Please post what you hate the most about them!

I think one of the most dangerous things we do every day. That is carry things in our vehicle that are not secured. If you have a bunch of parts that are not secured in any way, when you hit on the breaks those are the things that go flying. What good is it to wear a seat belt and get impaled by flying debris in your car in an accident. Just my 2 cents.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

For the last 5 years I've been using a "pet gate". It's intended to keep small dogs from clambering over the front seat and getting a paw jammed under the accelerator, but works just fine for copier parts too. I've had to jam on the brakes in heavy traffic, and it's a relief not to be buried in drum boxes.

As an interesting side note:
    In the reviews buyers stated that the gate worked fine for small animals, but large or more insistent animals generally get in the front seat one way or the other. For copier parts it just has to stop the airborne boxes, and works very well for that. I'll find out what brand if anybody cares. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    I think one of the most dangerous things we do every day. That is carry things in our vehicle that are not secured. If you have a bunch of parts that are not secured in any way, when you hit on the breaks those are the things that go flying. What good is it to wear a seat belt and get impaled by flying debris in your car in an accident. Just my 2 cents.
    Reading this brings back memories of my 1SG over in Iraq goin thru the vehicles for the convoy checking that every thing was tied down....I have never seen a man curse and scream so loudly as I'm watching him chunk ammo boxes, coolers of drinks, and a plethora of other gear across convoy yard.
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

My latest pet peeve for my new rural road route (no longer travel interstates). Young people out walking (to the bus stop, store, etc...) real early in the morning when it's still dark, who wear dark clothes with no reflective striping. I have had to learn to drive hugging the left line so that I stay away from the right edge. I have no intention of committing homicide by straying to the right, but it's downright dangerous. You guys know what trouble I have staying in the lines normally.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

and people who do U turns with christmas tinsel tied to the front grill 3 weeks after xmas (arsehole)