Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    TECHNICIAN IN YOUTUBE !?

Re: TECHNICIAN IN YOUTUBE !?

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Man that brings back memories! There were a few occasions when I took the feed unit apart 4 or 5 times before all of its mechanical wonderfulness actually started to work properly. =^..^=

I love that pick up unit. It's very similar to the HP 5SI/8100/8150 PIU's I rebuild all the time. Took me a while to learn how to do it, but now I can completely strip one, clean it, and reassemble it in less than 30 min.

Zaza's idea is good about the videos, but not good for end-users to learn how to fix their own machines. This could be a disaster in the making. Why not have a video forum here, where techs could watch and learn from other techs. Make the video portion only available if the person logs in and has an account. It is unlikely an end-user will go through the trouble of setting one up. Could it be set up to only let techs who have posted 5 times or donated to have access? That could restrict it even more and require a tech to contribute (information or money) to the site. The thing is, I don't know how many techs would be willing to take the time to make a video of how to do something.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Thumbs up Re: TECHNICIAN IN YOUTUBE !?

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    I love that pick up unit. It's very similar to the HP 5SI/8100/8150 PIU's I rebuild all the time. Took me a while to learn how to do it, but now I can completely strip one, clean it, and reassemble it in less than 30 min.

Zaza's idea is good about the videos, but not good for end-users to learn how to fix their own machines. This could be a disaster in the making. Why not have a video forum here, where techs could watch and learn from other techs. Make the video portion only available if the person logs in and has an account. It is unlikely an end-user will go through the trouble of setting one up. Could it be set up to only let techs who have posted 5 times or donated to have access? That could restrict it even more and require a tech to contribute (information or money) to the site. The thing is, I don't know how many techs would be willing to take the time to make a video of how to do something.
    very good thread my friend tech prntrfxr ..l means that about my thread ..l need add l new technical video insider our copytechnet only useful all technician ...not anywhere .
    BEST TECHNICIAN . NICE PEOPLE .

TECHNICIAN IN YOUTUBE !?

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    very good thread my friend tech prntrfxr ..l means that about my thread ..l need add l new technical video insider our copytechnet only useful all technician ...not anywhere .
    Why do I suddenly feel like I've opened a can of worms I'm going to get killed for this here?
    Last edited by prntrfxr; 06-28-2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Corrected grammar. Why? I don't know.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    TECHNICIAN IN YOUTUBE !?

Because has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Just reading this makes my brain hurt, I'm sure you can see the similarities.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

TECHNICIAN IN YOUTUBE !?

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    Because has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Just reading this makes my brain hurt, I'm sure you can see the similarities.
    It's good exercise for the mind. Just like reading blurred print or reading documents held up to a mirror.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    TECHNICIAN IN YOUTUBE !?

It's good exercise for the mind. Just like reading blurred print or reading documents held up to a mirror.
    I've found reading backwards and upside down to be the most challenging and most rewarding. If you can figure out a whole chapter of a book, and then just put it down and stop, it's like a brain cleanse. Everything just washes away...
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    TECHNICIAN IN YOUTUBE !?

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    yeah all we know it have more of this video in youtube but l mean if any member technician have her special youtube channel ..please can sending her link l need subscriber in her youtube channel
    We have a channel. Mostly printer repairs. We currently have 56 and we will be putting up a dozen or so videos in the next couple of months. There are a lot of simple fixes, but a few challenging ones too. Hard to do too challenging repairs when youtube limits your length.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    Ok humor aside what would possibly be the advantages of such a channel on youtube?
    So the can do's can teach the can not's I would assume. We could put it under the same category as free manuals and firmware.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Tech's that are worth there salt wouldn't bother, reason being... they would just figure it out on there own anyways. TOO MUCH F@#$KING HAND HOLDING now a days.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

TECHNICIAN IN YOUTUBE !?

Tech's that are worth there salt wouldn't bother, reason being... they would just figure it out on there own anyways. TOO MUCH F@#$KING HAND HOLDING now a days.
    I don't mind teaching a technician who contributes information to help others out. I don't believe in making it free for anyone who just wants to know how to do it for free. Most companies that believe we should fix everything, no matter whether we've been trained on it or not. A lot of companies throw techs out in the field without training and they have to figure it out. I don't believe that is much better than having a client figure out to do it themselves. I think learning from other people's mistakes so that you don't repeat them is better than making your own. I think that it the whole point behind this forum, isn't it? Why else would you be coming here other than to vent in the raves and rants section?

No one person knows every machine anyway, I don't care how much experience you have. The experience you have is not the holy grail, it is possible for someone who is resourceful enough to learn how to do it on their own. But I personally would not like to be the tech called out to fix it if they do it wrong. That's just me. Maybe you like doing that kind of thing.