Re: call control

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    try not to sleep with them even if they beg
    What if they're hot?

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 10871087 View Post
    What if they're hot?
    Stupid question maybe. If they not hot, put a bag over your head just in case theirs comes off. ( benny hill joke)
    Last edited by BLADE; 01-20-2012 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by donk View Post
    guys
    whats your opinion on your call control people ?
    So donk, whats your story or opinion on call controllers ? This area can be a real problem in this industry. Generally speaking IMO - they start out polite and helpful then turn into judgemental nazis and I,m not sure thats their role. If you have a nice one buy them gifts

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    call control

I believe there are only two type of Dispatchers Really good ones, and really bad ones ( otherwise known as the pr**ck that bosses you around and has to know where you are and what your doing every second of the day. And yes I know it’s 4:45 that means you 15 minutes to do another call!)

If you get up every morning and go to work happy and come home at night with some sense of accomplishment. You probably have a good Dispatcher.

If your would be Career has turned into a Job, that doesn’t make you happy and you only do it to get the paycheck every two weeks. Then you probably have a bad Dispatcher.

As far as sleeping with the Dispatcher? Really guys do you think they are really interested in someone with toner under their fingernails, dirty knees from fixing a drawer base, and who drives a mini van? Know way!! If they are interested they go for the Boss.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Ouch!!... I can feel a bout of 'Small Van Syndrome' coming on

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    So, do you and him still talk?
    I'm much too important to do grunt work like that. We leave that to the rookies...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    call control

My policy is to always put a tech as a dispatcher. Less problems that way.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

LOL, two words " Self Dispatch"
    after 21 years as a tech, the dispatcher has no room to question my decisions.
    It seems that they always hire Dispatchers that are new to the city and have no clue where anything is.
    My favorite comment from a dispatcher is " its only a 1.5 inch away on the map!!!!!!! "
    A dispatcher can become better if they listen to the Techs and not the person that hired them.
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

Technician 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    LOL, two words " Self Dispatch"
    after 21 years as a tech, the dispatcher has no room to question my decisions.
    It seems that they always hire Dispatchers that are new to the city and have no clue where anything is.
    My favorite comment from a dispatcher is " its only a 1.5 inch away on the map!!!!!!! "
    A dispatcher can become better if they listen to the Techs and not the person that hired them.
    Years ago we actually had dispatchers. They controlled where you went. They would call your 1st call at 8:00 am and ask the customer if you were there. When you finished a call and told dispatch you were going to lunch, they gave you your next call. Then 1 hour later they called your customer to see if you were there. At 4:30 pm, they gave you another call, but would not approve overtime, all the while expecting you to go. They ran the calls first in first out. I actually have been next door to a customer when they called in a service call and was sent out of town to another call, then the next day I would get the call to go back to the one next door. What a nightmare. Don't work there any more. I strongly believe that if you give the technician the tools to do the job, they will provide good service to the customer. Give the a territory, and let them manage it. Who best knows what thier customers expectations are. We know who will wait and who will not. Territory management is the key to success. I have proven it time and time again in my 30 years of doing this.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Based on personal experience, it is messed up when you go to a call and look across the road and see another tech from your company.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking