Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Which was the best PRINTER ever?

Haven't really seen a post like this on here yet, although someone asked about HP specific best printers. So I'd like to open the question up to all brands and limit it more to traditional desktop or printer only devices that may or may not have a copy function.

I'm curious what you all think.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Which was the best PRINTER ever?

Desktop printers (although sometimes floor models) seem to still be strong as ever. I have a few personal favorites. I hear a lot of the new stuff is getting junkier and some HP models aren't working well right out of the box. Just sold some refurbed HP LJ 2100 and 2300 models to replace brand new HP ones.

For HP I'd say the best overall was the 4000 series in both b/w and color. They were pretty heavy duty performers 4000/4100 and def. the to me legendary 4050. The 4500/4550 although slow and not single pass color could run and run with some little care.

Some of the Lexmark machines were pretty heavy duty although not necessarily built like tanks and big on the plastic. I like the e340, separate toner and drum, and the optra and t6xx series seemed to get a lot of prints out of them.

Now I know this is a laser based forum mostly but I feel it necessary to give honorable mention to some of the really old by now ribbon pin fed printers. Oki, Tally, IBM, and a few others made them and some you can still buy new I think. I still see these things being used in heavy duty environments to this day. Some of them have to at LEAST be 20 years old.

Since I'm bringing back the dead ones, I have to give mention to the NEC superscripts. Specifically the 1260. I used the hell out of that thing when I went to college before it died from overheating. We didn't have air conditioning in dorms and most classrooms.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Only have great experience with Ricoh spc410/420

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hp 4000, 4100, 4200, 4250, 4350 rocks!

mjarbar

Speaking as a user on this and not a tech I would like to give honourable mention to the Oki okipage20n we had in the office, the thing was like the energizer bunny and just kept going and going and going. A new toner once a month and a transfer roller every 6 months and it was happy. As it was our main office printer at the time we were putting around 7500 sheets through it a month.

We would still be using it today apart from the fact we need colour and most of the paperwork goes out by email.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

any comments about hp color 4650? is this machine durable? does it have issues? thanks kingpd for linking this to my post.